Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Sheffield concert pix & soundcheck (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=13030)

Grace 02-14-2004 09:11 PM

Sheffield concert pix & soundcheck

1 Attachment(s)
The soundcheck was AMAZING !! :D :cool:

Marco and I arrived there early. We were surprised that in the end only 20 or so people showed up (out of a total of 40 winners that Sheffield was expecting).

Soon after we got to our places, Shania appeared and got ready to rehearse. Marco hung his Brazilian flag over the railings........ She spotted it and said "Welcome, people from Brazil !!"

Shania sang Ka-Ching, MIFLAW, TYB and another one which we can't recall right now....... She forgot to say "KA-CHING" at the end of the song and asked the band to remind her that night, as she wanted it done to give the effect.

After the rehearsal, we were surprised by a visit from Andy. He talked to Marco about Brazil. Whilst Marco was deep in conversation with Andy, Tracy (Shania's personal assistant) asked me if she could borrow our flag.

Shortly after, we were also visited by BB, Cory, Randall and JD Blair. It was a lovely surprise as we did not expect them to do that. They were all interested in Shania fans in Brazil and also wondered how Marco and I met. We also talked about Asia (which is where I'm from) and London.

Carrie-Ann then came back with the flag. It was signed by Shania....... what a wonderful surprise #2 !!

We were so overwhelmed that we nearly forgot to take some pictures until someone asked us !!

We stayed talking for a good 10-15 mins !!! The security guys were very nice and let us stay on. Other soundcheck winners were also allowed to hang around. It was a super moment that we will never forget.

Shania's band is THE BEST !!!!!

The concert was really awesome as can be expected, but to be honest, after the soundcheck that day...... it was the highlight of the day for us and kinda over-shadowed the evening show !

Here are some thoughts we had about the concert :

Shania sang Ka-Ching, which was not in the US. But she didn't sing NONTK, COO and I'm Not In The Mood......... which if I recall correctly, she did sing in the US. And she didn't sing Waiter Bring Me Water in Sheffield, as what was said for Paris.

Her voice was really great and she looked very relaxed and into the concert.

As expected....... there was a marriage proposal...... but this time, from a woman (since it's a leap year this year.......) Shania thought that was unique as she normally hosts proposals from men. However, the audience was willing the guy to say "NO" !!:D

Shania had to restart When You Kiss Me, as she started with the wrong verse ! The same thing happened in Paris.

She started Don't Be Stupid with the 2nd verse but did not restart. So she improvised and changed the wordings to the song......

We did not remember the set list I'm afraid.... but we will do so in our next concert.

Here are a few photos that I took. I'm sorry but I have decided to put my name across the pics because in the past, I have found my pics selling on ebay. However, if anyone would like a clean copy, please feel free to email me........ just please do not sell them.

Huge hugs from,

Grace & Marco

Grace 02-14-2004 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are 8 pics in total. Here is #2.......

Grace 02-14-2004 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #3

Grace 02-14-2004 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #4

Grace 02-14-2004 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #5

Grace 02-14-2004 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #6

Grace 02-14-2004 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #7

cbspock 02-14-2004 09:19 PM

That looks like the pink top she had on in the promo pictures.
VERY COOL STORY!!!! Shania and her band ROCK!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

Grace 02-14-2004 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #8

Grace 02-14-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
That looks like the pink top she had on in the promo pictures.
VERY COOL STORY!!!! Shania and her band ROCK!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

Yeah........ how ironic that she had the same pink top on as when I saw her in MN. However, her bottom layer was white-ish (in Sheffield) instead of yellow as in MN.

Marco is still here and is still in shock :eek: :eek: :eek: He will put something up tomorrow.........

cbspock 02-14-2004 09:23 PM

Grace, can you email clean copies to me so I can add those to my tour gallery??? :D

Shania and her band must be amazed at the distances we will travel to see them. If she had a concert on the moon, I bet we would all be there. :D

-Chris

cbspock 02-14-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
Yeah........ how ironic that she had the same pink top on as when I saw her in MN. However, her bottom layer was white-ish (in Sheffield) instead of yellow as in MN.

Marco is still here and is still in shock :eek: :eek: :eek: He will put something up tomorrow.........

It was Marco's first concert right? Now he is a fan for life. Direct exposure to Shania does that. Shania really needs a warning label...lol :D

-Chris

Grace 02-14-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Grace, can you email clean copies to me so I can add those to my tour gallery??? :D

Shania and her band must be amazed at the distances we will travel to see them. If she had a concert on the moon, I bet we would all be there. :D

-Chris

Yeah.... us true fans will go to any lengths to follow Shania (funds permitting.....) :) :) :)

Sure I can send you clean copies, but can I do it later (coz it's 2.30am here and we're zombies right now...... just got back from Sheffield tonight......)

Also, is it ok if I sent you the files in zip mode ? That way, I can retain the file sizes for you. Was that how it was done before ?

Nightie-night !!

From sleepy Grace & Marco zzz zzz zzz

Aimee 02-14-2004 09:29 PM

LOL her hair in those first pictures, how cute!!! those are the first soundcheck pictures i've seen!
Did you get to see what it said across her sweater, the teal-ish one?
very nice pictures!

cbspock 02-14-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
Yeah.... us true fans will go to any lengths to follow Shania (funds permitting.....) :) :) :)

Sure I can send you clean copies, but can I do it later (coz it's 2.30am here and we're zombies right now...... just got back from Sheffield tonight......)

Also, is it ok if I sent you the files in zip mode ? That way, I can retain the file sizes for you. Was that how it was done before ?

Nightie-night !!

From sleepy Grace & Marco zzz zzz zzz

That's fine. SSD!!!

-Chris