Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   SHANIA ON "OPRAH" - Nov. 4! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=11480)

cbspock 11-17-2003 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Finally getting caught up. Saw the show last Pm and it was truely awesome. I thought Shania looked amazing-couldn't keep my eyes from looking at her the whole show. I think she was making every effort to get the viewers to "understand" what an artist is and how an "artist" approaches his/her music and song writing. Shania's a very deep person, as if we didn't know, and she is way, way too honest to ever fight her way to the top of the country music world on ground level. She doesn't seem to like the "games" that are played. Seems the "emotional" times are the times she's after. Dolly's a riot and a real show girl-I think she embarassed Shania a bit with the boob stuff-LOL. This was the best shania I've ever seen in an interview and I hope we see more of her (Eilleen) in the future-she's great! DOC

Yeah, toward the end of the interview, Shania got a little shy. Now, we just to need to convince ourselves awards are just things. :D

Toby has said that awards are more for the fans than anything else.

-Chris

corran 11-17-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Yeah, toward the end of the interview, Shania got a little shy. Now, we just to need to convince ourselves awards are just things. :D

Toby has said that awards are more for the fans than anything else.

-Chris

Chris

You are right when you say awards are not important! Life has taught me that what is really important is who you meet or who you know that influences your course in life! You can direct and control you direction to some extent but others can have a much greater effect of how far you go! The greatest example for Shania is all the opportunities she received that opened the door for her to get to where she is at now! Her biggest influence has been Mutt Lange in this case! So long as Shania Twain has Mutt at her side, I believe that everything will be possible and only limited by her imagination and desire to accomplish it! They are quite a team together! I do not think that Shania Twain will stop producing albums of her music! She likes to create and since that is what she knows how to do best I cannot forsee her stopping now! Besides I can see that she loves to see the effect her music has on others especially young children! Shania Twain has that kind of magic to influence others to do their best! I am glad for Shania Twain that she had the opportunity to finally meet Dolly who has been a positive influence on her life! Now Dolly and Shania Twain are pretty close friends as are Alison Krauss! And Shania Twain has all her band members as friends that she can count on to help her!

Benjamin

cbspock 11-17-2003 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Chris

You are right when you say awards are not important! Life has taught me that what is really important is who you meet or who you know that influences your course in life! You can direct and control you direction to some extent but others can have a much greater effect of how far you go! The greatest example for Shania is all the opportunities she received that opened the door for her to get to where she is at now! Her biggest influence has been Mutt Lange in this case! So long as Shania Twain has Mutt at her side, I believe that everything will be possible and only limited by her imagination and desire to accomplish it! They are quite a team together! I do not think that Shania Twain will stop producing albums of her music! She likes to create and since that is what she knows how to do best I cannot forsee her stopping now! Besides I can see that she loves to see the effect her music has on others especially young children! Shania Twain has that kind of magic to influence others to do their best! I am glad for Shania Twain that she had the opportunity to finally meet Dolly who has been a positive influence on her life! Now Dolly and Shania Twain are pretty close friends as are Alison Krauss! And Shania Twain has all her band members as friends that she can count on to help her!

Benjamin

I was just quoting from Shania's rant on music from the Oprah show..lol :p

-Chris

corran 11-17-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I was just quoting from Shania's rant on music from the Oprah show..lol :p

-Chris

Chris

Shania Twain will one day be in the same position as Dolly to meet and greet famous people that she has had a great effect upon! From what I understand that will be quite a lot! Hope Shania has a lot of free time in the future!

Benjamin

olgap 11-17-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Chris

Shania Twain will one day be in the same position as Dolly to meet and greet famous people that she has had a great effect upon! From what I understand that will be quite a lot! Hope Shania has a lot of free time in the future!

Benjamin

Isn't that the truth, Avril Lavigne just to name one. I don't think Shania even realizes what an impact she's had on future careers, well I'm sure she realizes, but she feels awkward being considered an idol, mentor or role model. I think she'll continue to do well forever, she already handles herslef beautifully at being a role model and acceptinga nd honouring that.
Okay I'm done rambling.
Bye for now

cbspock 11-17-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by olgap
Isn't that the truth, Avril Lavigne just to name one. I don't think Shania even realizes what an impact she's had on future careers, well I'm sure she realizes, but she feels awkward being considered an idol, mentor or role model. I think she'll continue to do well forever, she already handles herslef beautifully at being a role model and acceptinga nd honouring that.
Okay I'm done rambling.
Bye for now

Excellent points!!

:D

-Chris