Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nov. 15:Martha Stewart Show Detailed Summary and Photos! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=18851)

FV 11-15-2005 09:59 AM

OK, I just ran back home..the show starts in 30 seconds...hang on!!! :giggy:

FV 11-15-2005 10:00 AM

M>: The one the only Chef Shania Twain is here.....she is taking a special field trip with me...[showing Martha horseriding...]

show begins..

FV 11-15-2005 10:05 AM

Martha enters.....crowds applauds...

I had such a wonderful time this weekend...we had our guest today, she came out to Bedford to horse ride..[FV: I Told you so!!!] we had breakfast at the stables and at the barn...they went horsebackriding at a house..I had not met her before...she is wonderfully smart woman, she is very curuoius she visited my greenhouse, we talked about where she lives, about her dreams, her life is a true inspiration to overcome obstacles which is inspirational..

[showing tape of Shania's career..videos..IANQ, MIFLAW...Martha comments about provocative sense of style..Shania is a true story..talks about her early days...bla bla...parents and caring for her siblings..discovered at Deerhurst...met Mutt....WIM COO..sales...UP! video..Shania has sold over 70 M albums..won every award in nashville..]

SAY Welcome to the very beautiful and talented Shania!
[Shania enters with gray colored sweatshirt...and brown pants..]

M: you looked different from Sunday..the horse did not behave comfortably...one of the horses they used was not behaving..we did not fall off like Madonna..!

FV 11-15-2005 10:11 AM

Shania: I ride when I have the chance..

[Video about Shania meeting Martha at the stables..they are dressed to ride the horses very cute! with the helmets...Shania's horse was causing troubles..Martha said it was attacked or something like that..]

M: I bought these horses in Canada..you keep your horses in Switzerland..

S: I enjoy it..

M: the John Jay House, founding father, the first Chief Justice of the US...

S: You have aprivately owned property..

M: we can stop at my house on the way..[keep showing the two of them riding the black horses...]

M: Enchanted Castle..
S: I can come to write a few songs here..
M: do you write the music first or the songs..
S: it depends...it's like cooking you do not know what you are gonna get..LMAO! at least for me..!

M: were you surprised that you sold 10 with WIM?
S: The bioggest selling artist now sells 3 M ..if I achieved that I was gonna be surprised...

M: Your COO album sold many more...
S: I have been very lucky..
M: So many of your songs have meant so much to many of us..when you record a song and sells it, it becomes part of everyone's life..
S: Music means so muc to me..at the beginnign...my songwriting is my diary..they become other people thoughts and emotions..everyperson owns a song..

M:When we come back I'll show Shania how mke the perfect sandwoich...

[video: and then Shania will do the putine with mozzarella cheese and gravy..yuk!]

FV 11-15-2005 10:12 AM

They talk very fast...sas help!! :)

FV 11-15-2005 10:20 AM

Back from commercial..

Shania is now wearing a white apron

M: what about Switzerland...cheese sandwiches?

S: croque messier....grilled cheese sandwiches...in Canada we have chcocaltew and grilled cheese sandwiches..

M: cut the Ciabatta..not too thin...not too thick..
S: Shania panicks..LMAO! I never help people in the kitchen..YIKES!

M: If you liek bacon...you can put that..are you a vegetarian? Do not thorw the inside away...do you like to butter the sandiwch?

S: butter, cheese and another piece of cheese with butter..with cheddar cheese...
M: yeak cheddar
S: You can mix the cheeses..
M: then tomatoes..{FV: I am getting hungry here looking at the sandwich.. :drool: ] a tat for flavor
S: is it salted butter?
M: no..you can put a little bit of basil..
S: an italian style..
M: it's like panini like..[FV: ikt looks very BIG for a sandwich..LMAO!]

M: now we grill the sandwich..
S: whole grain bread, cheddar, I put the cheese in it and then a lid on the pants so the cheese starts come out ...[giving directions to Martha about how to make the cheese come out]

M: shows the grilled sandiwch..
S: it's a gourmet sandwich..
M: you are presenting at the CMA..what>
S: I am presenting EOTY..I am not telling you who is nominated..with Billy
M: he was my neighbor...
S: lucky you..
M: he used to come over to check the kitchen..it's going to be a late night..
S: I am not much of a party person..

{Later for the putine..coming up and Shania taking questions from the LIVE audience..!!:D]

FV: Martha is speaking very very fast....even for Shania..lol!

FV 11-15-2005 10:21 AM

Shania is dressed very simply, but every elegantly at the same time..very classy she has this neutral beige colored sweatshirt on..very tight..looks fantastic on her.. :)

FV 11-15-2005 10:29 AM

M: do you know how to make gravy? I have never made putine before...
S: have you ever heard of poutine.[crowd says YEAH!]

S: because I am vegetarian we are doing this version of the gravy..
M: so this is the Canadian junk food?
S: confort food...
M: do you french fry these?
S: I would deep fry them..
M: So Wes and Angie decided to do oven fries....do you want to discuss the gravy?
S: my gravy is too complicated..
M: you can use white mushrooms, portobellos...in the history of poutine, people put cheese in with fries...and someone said it was gonna be a big mess, which is what putine means..?
S: do not know..I use white wine...for the gravy..
M: Did you talk to Shania about her recipe? Wes?
Wes: yes I did..
S: I use thyme..
M: the mushrooms and Marsala..how do you assemble this?
S: it's very basic..what really melts the cheese it's the gravy on top..fondue...
M: so we got the gravy..
S: I do it differently..
M: do you make Swiss dishes? do you have a cook?
S: yes, to the dishes, no to the cook ..I spent the whole day before I left preparing everything..peas, rices, soup, pumpkin soup...
[FV: the poutine looks really good!]

S: you gotta use your fingers to put the mozzarella on top..is it really hot? It's got to be really hot..
M: now the gravy on top..everyone in the audience wants to eat this..when we come back Shania is going to take questions from the audience..

[announcer: later Shania and her frangrance..]

sas 11-15-2005 10:31 AM

sorry trying to monitor 2 vcr's..... they unfortunately did not follow Shania's recipe... but looks yummy non the less.... live questions next

FV 11-15-2005 10:32 AM

It sounded like she cooked everything before leaving for the US ...she spends a lot of time in the kitchen....

cbspock 11-15-2005 10:32 AM

Okay. I had to check this out while I am at work. sounds like a great show so far.

Love her cooking comment. "Never know what you are gonna get" :floor

-Chris

FV 11-15-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas
sorry trying to monitor 2 vcr's.....

My VCR failed..:( but I got another try later on TLC..you are right, they did not follow her recipe in the end..

sas 11-15-2005 10:33 AM

LOL corrected the recipe and Martha's wrong ... Shania right LOL

cbspock 11-15-2005 10:33 AM

I am recording this on my DVR, so I can make a DVD copy to get vidcaps from :D

-Chris

sas 11-15-2005 10:33 AM

Marc Bower dresses..tonight...2 changes