Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20 (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Seattle concert (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=14389)

Jud 06-19-2004 03:12 AM

Seattle concert

Country superstar Shania Twain makes her enterance onto center stage in KeyArena during a sold-out concert. (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Shania Twain accepts flowers from adoring fans while performing. (June 18, 2004)

Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Jud 06-19-2004 03:19 AM

Twain gives high-fives to front-row fans. (June 18, 2004)

Shania Twain makes her enterance. (June 18, 2004)

Shania Twain performs her first song. (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Twain entertains a 360-degree crowd. (June 18, 2004)

Shania Twain performs the song "Man! I Feel Like A Woman." (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Jud 06-19-2004 03:27 AM

Shania Twain performs the song "Man! I Feel Like A Woman." (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Surrounded by band members, country superstar Shania Twain performs on the center stage. (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Twain performs as a band member plays guitar. (June 18, 2004) Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Pyrotechnics light up country superstar Shania Twain in KeyArena. (June 18, 2004)Joshua Trujillo/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/

cbspock 06-19-2004 03:49 AM

There are some really good pictures in there. Here is one of my favorites...........

-Chris

Jud 06-19-2004 03:46 PM

Twain bonds with audience at sold-out Key

By ELLEN A. KIM
SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER

Shania Twain may be country music's biggest-selling female star, but Friday night's fan-oriented show proved she hasn't forgotten "the little people."
Throughout her 75-minute set at a sold-out KeyArena, Twain covered every end of the round stage, surrounded 360 degrees by her fans, singing and bending to sign autographs at the same time. She received flowers, high-fived several dozen hands and invited several lucky patrons onstage for photo opportunities.

However, some (particularly those seated mid-level and higher) might complain that this much attention to her audience sacrificed some of the show's musicality and showmanship. Twain's vocals and arrangements were pretty much straight off the CDs, and she couldn't show much spontaneity due to her multitasking.

But fans seemed to come for the meet-and-greet feel, dancing from the moment Twain took the stage with "Man! I Feel Like a Woman." Dressed in a hot-pink tank top, black yoga pants tucked into laced-up wrestling shoes and rhinestone choker, Twain launched into "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" "Honey I'm Home," "Up!" and "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)."

Twain also delved into older material such as "Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" and "Any Man of Mine," and brought in local marching-band drummers for "(If You're Not in it for Love) I'm Outta Here!" Her songs are perfect for concert sing-alongs: they're easy to follow, with fun lyrics and sassy attitude. And that's what her fans come for.

Rather than focus on "Up!" her latest release, Twain stuck to fast-tempo hits from all her albums. What was disappointingly missing, however, were the love ballads that launched her name into the mainstream (not to mention thousands of weddings). "Forever and For Always" was noticeably absent, as were her other hits, "From This Moment On" and "You've Got a Way."

She did perform a piano-accompanied version of "You're Still the One," but did so with an aggressive, chatty audience member picked to sing it with her. He may have forgotten half the lyrics, but he didn't lose his nerve, leaving with autograph and picture, and showering Twain with compliments (turns out he'd managed to get chosen once before).

Her band, made up of eight musicians/singers, was as flashy and electrifying as the indoor fireworks that concluded the show. Dressed in '80s street-gang garb, they impressively switched instruments with ease, sang backup vocals and danced about the stage, occupying the open space whenever Twain moved and earning their own autograph requests.

Emerson Drive, a young sextet from Western Alberta, Canada, opened the concert.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/1...twainq19ww.html

cbspock 06-19-2004 04:58 PM

Is this reviewer implying that Shania fans are simple????

-Chris

Cheryl 06-19-2004 06:45 PM

Those are really nice pics! Shania looks real happy and well rested in these!!:) She also looks good in the red top!

Jud 06-20-2004 02:46 AM

Shania Twain concert focuses on fans

By Patrick MacDonald
Seattle Times music critic

Shania Twain's habit of bringing fans onstage led to an awkward moment Friday at KeyArena.
"The crew says to throw you off the stage," the strikingly beautiful pop-country singer told a paunchy, middle-aged man who had landed the show's top honor — a duet with the star. She soon realized that the persistent guy already had hit that jackpot at an earlier show on the tour.

Obviously miffed at picking him again, Twain nevertheless gamely went on with the bit, ruining "You're Still the One," her biggest hit, in the process. She even went along with his insistence that her photographer take a Polaroid of them.

The moment was telling because Twain has built fan participation — and adoration — into her act. That can work, in moderation, but for Twain it bordered on bedlam.

As she circled the in-the-round stage singing her party-flavored, danceable pop, she also autographed — scribbled on, really — at least 100 programs, concert tickets, posters, T-shirts and whatnot. Wave after wave of fans approached, offering bouquets, stuffed animals, mash notes, and money for her charity — usually big, handmade posters plastered with dollar bills.

She had other fans come onstage to sing, get their picture taken with her, and be congratulated for collecting big sums for the charity.

All that activity cut into the music. In her 90-minute set, she performed only about a dozen songs (including a six-song medley). More than half the concert was taken up with her odd interactions with the crowd.

When she and her eight-piece band were performing, they were busy, busy, busy. The young, in-shape musicians got an aerobic workout running up, over and all around the big, two-tiered, metallic stage, sometimes in tightly choreographed moves. But they played flawlessly.

Fireworks erupted on a regular basis, including from the head of one of the fiddlers' violins. The lights were bright and plentiful.

Twain's voice sounded strained on the opening two numbers, "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" and "Up!," but soon sounded fine. She did all her hits, including "That Don't Impress Me Much," "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" and "(If You're Not In It for Love) I'm Outta Here!"

Also exhaustingly energetic was the opening act, Emerson Drive, a rock/country band of six young men who were appreciated by the mostly-female audience.

Patrick MacDonald: 206-464-2312, pmacdonald@seattletimes.com

Copyright
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...3_shania20.html

-----------------
Now this is a good review from someone, who doesn't like Shania at all, and had bad opinion about her concert without seeing it at all. (see here his preview:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...7_shania18.html)

cbspock 06-20-2004 08:04 AM

Patrick :rolleyes:

-Chris

jen 06-20-2004 10:08 AM

I didn't know that Fleetwood Mac was the music that has been playing...interesting.

This guy is such a dweeb! He gave a way the entire show in his preview:rolleyes:

cbspock 06-20-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jen

This guy is such a dweeb!

hehe hehe I haven't heard that in a while.

-Chris

cbspock 06-20-2004 11:26 AM

Shania's Awkward Moment
-- Shania Twain likes to bring fans onstage during her concerts, but the practice led to an awkward moment during Friday's show at Seattle's KeyArena.

"The crew says to throw you off the stage," Shania told a paunchy, middle-aged man who had landed the show's top honor -- a duet with the star. She soon realized that the persistent guy already had hit that jackpot at an earlier show on the tour, according to The Seattle Times.

Yet, ever the lady, Twain went on with the bit, ruining "You're Still the One," her biggest hit, in the process, the paper reports. She even went along with the guy's insistence that her photographer take a Polaroid of them.

Very creepy.

countrynation.com