Shania Boards

Shania Boards (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/index.php)
-   Shania in the news (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   SHANIA TWAIN IN HER OWN "AWESOME" WORDS!!!! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7656)

kirppu 12-13-2002 07:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: SHANIA TWAIN IN HER OWN "AWESOME" WORDS!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
Oh, for heaven's sakes! Someone send me a tape and I'll report it!!:BL

Roger
hehe hehe LMAO!!!! :D

tankandmaddie 12-13-2002 08:09 PM

I had a long report for you guys, but I accidently hit a button, and it deleted!!!!! So I'll give you some. It showed behind the scene clips from the shows she has done since the starting of the promotion. It shows the People photo shoot. She is laughing and making funny faces when this is happening. She said mostly the same stuff you guys you guys have already heard. One of the things she said was when she was talking about not wanting to be the star. She said it is not natural for her. So people ask her why she does it. She said that life has a certain path and you just follow that path, Wherever it may take you. She said she feels like life is pulling her by the ear. It shows her being interviewed by the press. Somebody asked her if Mutt was at the CMA's. She said no, him and Eja were watching her on TV. It shows her in the car. I love her laugh. It really shows you the real her. It shows her Deerhurst days. Then it shows when she first came to Nashville.

She talks about first writing with Mutt. It goes through how successful the last two albums were. She talks about her image. This is my favorite part. It shows her in the dressing room, she is complaing about her makeup. She is like, "I feel like I'm missing something, and if we could get rid of this glitter right here." And then she is complaining about her shoes. She says we really need to change these shoes right now!

This is the funniest part. She is running down the street, and she said she would just be a minute. She runs into a market, and picks up some chocolate turtles. She said to the person with her, that if her theighs got really fat, it was all her fault! And then she is sitting in the car, and complaining that her jeans are getting tight. It also shows some new photo shoots. They are kinda like the People photo shoot. She is in a log cabin in a sweater.

This interview is really great and I hope somebody can give you a better descritption.

talkalot24 12-13-2002 08:37 PM

On that one vidcap, what do they mean Shania is severely restricting promotional work for UP? It seems she is doing a lot of promotional work -- overseas anyway.

Debbie 12-13-2002 08:58 PM

I don't think that she is doing as much promotion daily with UP! as she did with COO. She seems to be spacing it out a little more and leaving more time everyday for her family. I don't think that she is going to run herself ragged this time. I think that this time she is going to take time to smell the rose, so to speak (or maybe Eja's diapers, ha ha:p ):)

Mary R 12-13-2002 09:15 PM

I taped VH1's Shania: In Her Own Words while I was at work, and watched it when I got home! It was fantastic! Shania talked about so much, I just love that laugh of her's! There's some great new footage to see, some older material and more recent! Gonna watch and tape it again at 10:00! Well, Chris if you get overly swamped making copies let me know and I can help out! Wouldn't want any Shania fan to go without!

Mary R

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:03 PM

The begining sort of reminds me of the STC video.

-Chris

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:04 PM

Guess we know what she did with the video camera she was carrying.

-Chris

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:13 PM

Debbie you are right. Shania said she will shape her career around her family now.

-Chris

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:17 PM

Boy, the first 13 minutes...WOW!!! I think this tops BTM and Driven, and those were excellent specials.

Shania says so much, there is just no way to type it all.

-Chris

AINAHS 12-13-2002 10:18 PM

The first segment of this show is over 13 minutes long non-stop replete with fast cuts of:

old videos

interview clips

promo tour clips

photo shoot clips

candid shots of all types

It goes by in a blur and is hyper-fascinating to say the least.:D

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:28 PM

They show her picking out pictures of the photoshoots. LOL

Some great early pics of Shania, and of her performing when she was a kid. Shania hated going to the clubs when she was little.

I like how they mixed the new songs into the addtional footage and as backgrounds to her talking.

She really talks a lot about her parents, and their death, and she talks fondly of Mary Bailey.

Lots of Deerhurst stuff. The performance footage sounds remixed, it sounds better, and there is some rehearsal video shots too. Some new performance footage. I so want to see the whole performance of "Somewhere out there", the show more than they have in the past.

This is like watching an extended version of the STC video!!! :D

-Chris

AINAHS 12-13-2002 10:29 PM

second segment starts UP! tunes in background - clips from Today show - photo shoots - interview clips - a lot - all new - set in Switzerland a hotel it appears - heavy talk on Timmins and her beginnings with clips of Shania singing 2 tunes - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry and Coat of Many Colors - talks about Mary Bailey and Deerhurst times and how tough it was for her to get used to Broadway type shows in high heels - she says she never knew such a show existed outside NY or Vegas - sings clip from Somewhere Out There - lots of old photos - 2d segment ends - about 6 minutes long - lots of commercials tween segments

AINAHS 12-13-2002 10:33 PM

I will leave it to Chris to continue .....

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:39 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nashville was like walking into Pleasentville....lol :p

Nice use of songs from her first album. She totally relates to the rugged country she grew up with. Willie Nelson, and Dolly Parton. She walked in, and no one like that was there, and she was disappointed. Shania knew from that point, that her "edge" would not be accepted.

She hated scheduled writing sessions...drove her nuts. She also thinks she probably offended some people, since she spoke out against the system of songwriting. She says the first album was a "NASHVILLE RECORD".

Her image for the first video was all hers. She put her attitude into it. It was risque for Nashville...showing her midriff. She had support from Mercury to release that video, at the time..it was very "risky" to do something like that.

-------
Shania felt so grateful that Mutt loved her ideas, he acted like she expected Nashville to react to her songs. Shania seemed to choke up a bit, when she said that her and Mutt "went on to make some great music together".

---end of the third segment--

Okay... ainahs, anything I missed or you picked up that I didn't?

-Chris

cbspock 12-13-2002 10:51 PM

The next segment starts with TWIM...and her marriage.

Lots of ideas for TWIM, were ideas she came to nashville with, no one wanted to hear them. Mutt and Shania picked those threads up, and they became TWIM. Shania needed confidence in her writing, which Mutt gave her. For AMOM, Mutt had a grove to go with the verses, and Shania came up with the chorus. Shania says AMOM set the tone for her own style, for what was going to be "Shania Style", the songwriting, the Mutt and Shania style..rock and country combination, with the lyrics, female confidence, sense of humor...it all started with that song.

On to COO.........
It was the follow up to the TWIM, the career pressure, was tremendous to beat TWIM. People wanted to see if Shania would crash and burn of fly. She said since COO took off, she feels no pressure to out perform it.

YSTO..she loves that song. It describes Mutt and Shania the best. She said people thought they were never going to last as a couple. [Guess she showed them].

Images and the visual "shania"
She does not see herself that way at all. It is all a fantasy, "dress up". The make up session was funny, getting the candy was funny too. They played "What a way to wanna be" through this whole segment.

She says she is not stressing of her body image, she eats well and stays active.

For COO and TWIM, she worked so much, she did not enjoy any of the success...there was no time. It was all a blur. This time around, Shania wants to smell the roses. She wants to enjoy it as it is happening.

-Chris