View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resessions
It is so amazing to me that it has been a little over two years since this event took place. It was such a highlight for me that it is burned into the front of my memory and I can close my eyes and remember it as though it just happened. I consider my association with all Shania fans as a great honor. And I consider the experience we had in Grand Rapids as something that was supposed to happen. As`I read from the beginning of this thread and realize that we virtually predicted what eventually happened, that too much happened to consider everything a coincidence. I'll never forget that look in her eye when I gave her OUR gift, for it was truely from every one of you. I was simply lucky enough to be the spokesperson.

I love being a Shania Fan !!!

Thanks for the memory Richard. And thanks for getting me a ticket to observe that special event. You were the main reason this all happened as it did. I didn't get around to re-reading this whole thread again, until a few days after your post. It is quite a long and strong run of enthusiasm and emotional heights, punctuated with a couple lows from oppositional points of view.

You know, I don't think I ever bought a ticket to a Shania Twain concert yet. I was trying to remember who got me the one for the Chicago Outdoors concert in Grant Park. Looking back, the info about that event is scattered in more than one thread. I see that was actually a free concert. And looks like Tee picked up the free tickets which I think included mine.

Anyway, I've been to just those two ST concerts, and both were quite memorable for what my fan friends experienced there. One great one that I missed I believe, was the last one of the Up! Tour in Florida. Sure enjoyed reading those descriptions. Very powerful stuff.

Richard, as for your note about 'more than coincidence,' in Grand Rapids; I've sometimes wondered about that too. Tom and I know about some pre-concert background things which we later discussed as to whether they might have contributed to the result. However I know no logical way that human action could've influenced the outcome, other than the fact that you bought those raffle tickets from so many different vendors.