View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
I visited some of the CMT boards for the first time, and some people are not taking Shania's success well!!!.....

Subject : What I think of Shania Eileen Twain
Name : Kiddrock

Date : 09/08/03 06:20 PM
an illusion
a mirage
not real
not really pretty
not really a singer
not really anything
glamour
a false front
false
fake
The world may learn the truth one day
or be filled with
those
who are fooled
who can not see
She sucks..
her 'music' is awful and fake

And my reply.....

Go f!#% yourself - Shania rules. Have you nothing better to do than go on an artist's board and slag off?
She's adoreable, her music is real, not fake - it appeals to the world, not the sad world of counrty yesteryears. Shania is keeping country alive and helping it move forward. I've never bought a country album before I became a Shania fan, and now I probably buy the same as you.

An illusion? A mirage? How does she do that then? Have you been hypnotised?

Grow up.

At last - Shania gets recognition for a great album.

Well done, Shania and the CCMA's!!! Are you watching CMA's? Me thinks you're getting left behind.....

(To be fair, most people are praising her, but I find it hillarious that some waste their time by doing this slating Shania...)

Paul

Shania Twain is one of the greatest Country artists of this time...But we all know here that Shania Twain has always been the center of controversy because she has the courage to be a trail blazer and diversify her music style...I thank Mutt Lange for making her into the Country Lady that she is today...I would not let the Shania detractors on the CMT board or any other place bother me...I have too much love and respect for Shania Twain's music...Not only that but Shania Twain has true grit...Shania has had to overcome a lot of hardship...But she has persevered and met up with the right person Mutt Lange...I would come to Shania's defense anytime and have on the CMT board...Everywhere I go I advertise Shania Twain because I wear that same lanyard (with pride) that was given to me by Tracy at the Shania Twain Center...Everyone at JITC Indian Head, Maryland knows I am an ardent Shania Fan...The same is also true here in Saint Mary's County...I encouraged a lot of the folk here to view the CCMA's...It was one of the first times that CMT America broadcast it here...Shania got a lot of recognition here in Saint Charles County and Saint Mary's County Maryland...Most everyone here that I know of, knows and respects Shania Twain...
We all know that the person here that speaks badly of Shania has no class and debases himself in front of fine Country people....Shania Twain is definately to me more than a Pretty Face and is a great Country Lady in every respect!!!

Benjamin