View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 10:06 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Yeah, it was. Shania could only really do songs like TDIMM or MIFLAW. The slow ballads like YSTO and my fav FTMO, she had no power, so to speak. The band was really doing most of the song you could hear. You could rarely determine her voice on those songs. Flash back to the previous September of 2003 in Ottawa, she sounded amazing. The then Corel Centre went dark with a little band intermission and then the spotlight was up in the balcony behind us. She sang YSTO and near the end of the song, she came down and walked toward the stage passing us by and holding out her hand to the fans. I got to touch her hand as she went by. We were back about 20 rows or more, but fate helped me that night. I was on the old dial-up phone connection in those days. I had picked this row as it was the nearest I could find. However, I was in the process of ordering the last two seats on the right end of the row when my connection failed. When I got back on, those seats were gone, but there were two on the left end of the row. So, if that hadn't happened, I would not have been there on that end when Shania came by. So, fate does play a role I guess.

Steve