View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Board Administrator

"I would love to have his life, to do the music and not have to be famous. I'm more private than people realize. I'm not easy to get to know. My husband's the only one who really knows me. To get through the kind of life I've been through, you have to be strong, and it's wonderful when you find the right person who can share everything about you." - Shania

"All I ever intended was to make a living at what I do. Everything I've achieved since then is above and beyond."-Shania

"It makes me very excited to know that I might be in someone's record collection who has no other country records. And then at the same time, I'm in another record collection of people who just listen to country music and they wouldn't dare listen to anything else. They both have my record. I'm very flattered by that. Isn't it great that music can cross those boundaries?"-Shania

"Up until I was a recording artist, I sang whatever paid the bills... I really thought that as a poor kid I would never make it."-Shania

"I refuse to play down the way I look in order to be taken seriously as an artist, I mean if I had an office job, I wouldn't show up for work baring my midriff, But this is Entertainment, I don't want to be 50 years old and thinking I should have enjoyed it while I had it." -Shania

"It's not like i'm abandoning one to be the other. I am them.. legitimitly. I spent my whole youth singing in clubs doing whatever music paid the bills. If there were rock bars hiring that year.. I was a rock singer. If there were pop bars hiring that year.. I was a Top 40 singer. If there were country bars hiring that year.. I was a country singer. I've done them all. So, I am real, and this is what i do. -Shania

"I was so suprised! I grew up listening to Dolly Parton and Willy Neslon. I grew up listening to country artists who drank themselves flat on the floor, who were divorced three or four times, who had children with several different people. I'm squeaky clean compared to the country music I knew. If I'm already too daring for them.. that leaves me nowhere to go.-Shania

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain