View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 02:46 PM

Shania Stacked: New Video Premieres!

CMT Unveils Never Before Seen Exclusive Videos From Superstar Shania Twain on 'Stacked: Shania New & Never Seen' on October 20

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- CMT telecasts STACKED: SHANIA NEW & NEVER SEEN featuring two exclusive premiere videos and brand new and exclusive interview footage with multi-award winning music maven Shania Twain Monday, Oct. 20 at 6:30-7:00 PM, ET/PT.*

International superstar Shania Twain, whose current "Up!" world tour is breaking attendance records venue after venue, is spotlighted on CMT's STACKED: SHANIA NEW & NEVER SEEN. The exclusive premiere videos from the current "Up!" album include "Thank You Baby! (For Making Some Day Come So Soon)" and "When You Kiss Me." Twain, who conceptualizes and edits all her own videos, discusses the birth of the latest additions to her videography in the CMT exclusive special.

"Video is a part of the music," Twain tells CMT in exclusive interview footage for STACKED: SHANIA NEW & NEVER SEEN. "It's an element that just goes along with it. It's been a creative extension of the music, and a visual ... and I enjoy videos myself, I like watching videos." After receiving the fan- voted 2003 CMT Flameworthy Concept Video of the Year award for her innovative "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" video Twain says, "I always (lead in the direction) with my videos. I think it's because I write all my songs, and I already have a visual idea way in advance."

The video "Thank You Baby! (For Making Some Day Come So Soon)" was shot in a Vancouver museum and is an intriguing look at Twain as a three-dimensional exhibit surrounded by classic works of art that come to life. A complete diversion from the surreal treatment of the former video, the black and white look of "When You Kiss Me," shot in Auckland, New Zealand, captures the camera's affection for the playfully flirtatious Twain. STACKED: SHANIA NEW & NEVER SEEN also features new versions of formerly released videos "Up!," "Forever and For Always" and "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!"

Twain has garnered a plethora of awards, including five Grammys and the CMA and ACM Entertainer of the Year Awards. She is the biggest selling female solo artist of all time.

For more information on STACKED: SHANIA NEW & NEVER SEEN, visit CMT.com. http://www.cmt.com/cmt/shows/stacked.jhtml