View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 04:50 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I might add Linda Ronstadt. They have just released an 80's concert she did in Hollywood for HBO. Being a live CD, it's great. She was such a talent and now she can't sing much at all due to Parkinson's Disease. It is sad, but as the old saying goes, nothing lasts forever.

True story. I was such a Ronstadt fan back then, and all of a sudden, she seemed to be gone. Didn't know why, but later I found out what happened to her. So, I started looking for a lady singer to listen to. One day, I heard FTMO on the radio and have been a fan ever since. True, Shania and Linda are two different types of singers, but for me, Shania brings a wonderful talent to the fan. Great songwriter, good singer, and awesome stage presence. Doesn't get much better than that. I miss Linda's fabulous voice and songs like Back In The USA, Just One Look, and Blue Bayou, and it's possible that had Linda not stopped singing, etc., I might never have become a Shania fan, but that time has gone and Shania Twain fits the bill just fine.

Steve