View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 03:24 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
http://blog.cmt.com/2008-05-15/shan...gs-will-endure/

Shania Twain and Mutt Lange's Songs Will Endure

Shania Twain and "Mutt" Lange announced their separation today, and it's hard for me to imagine what the future holds for them, musically speaking. Their 14-year partnership led to enormous sales (at least 47 million albums in the U.S.), and they co-wrote nearly all of her biggest hits from 1995 to 2005. If you've been to a wedding in the last 10 years, you've probably heard at least one Shania Twain song, whether it's the romantic "From This Moment On" or "Forever and For Always" at the ceremony, or something perky like "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" or "Love Gets Me Every Time" at the reception. And who can celebrate an anniversary without "You're Still the One"?

Anything could happen to Shania's music at this point. She might take the separation as her cue to reinvent her sound, maybe something rootsy. Or she might forge ahead with her pop-country approach, since she's always sounded so comfortable in that arena. I don't know if the split was amicable, so their professional partnership might continue. No matter what happens, I'm always curious to hear what she's working on, because she's truly one of the most talented and ambitious country singers we've ever had. Even with this separation, their music will endure.

-Chris

I agree totally!!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain