View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 01:50 PM

Group dynamics are an interesting thing. Different people have different preferences, and tend to give higher value to their own preferences than to other people's preferences. So there's a lot of subtle persuasion going on between fans and groups in ST concerts. I saw that in Chicago outdoors. Sometmies it's not so subtle.

Given the relative homogeneity of the crowd, the good mood and anticipattion of a great and possibly magical concert experience, most people tend to be flexible and adapt. But rest assured, there are discomforts in fan interaction that range from very light to very heavy in their impact.

There are also other issues that have impact on the success of a concert, outside of just the fan to fan interaction. Those include interactions with the star, the band, the support crew, their equipment, the weather, the location, the facilities, the security and culture, to name just some. It's an experience that is larger than life for most concert goers. And it's one of the reasons I'm still thinking about it, to understand more of it so I can finish the 2nd part of my story about the Chicago outdoor concert.

Bob