View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Board Administrator

Twain lost voice, confidence

Newlywed Shania Twain is hoping her new Oprah Winfrey Network series Why Not? inspires her to reclaim her crown as the queen of country music - after losing her voice and her confidence.

The Man, I Feel Like a Woman singer has revealed the pressures of superstardom and the break-up of her marriage to record producer Mutt Lange conspired to turn her into a bitter woman who no longer had any interest in recording and performing.

But now Twain hopes her show on OWN, which debuts in April, will provide her with the tools she needs to reclaim her former glory.

She says, "I have lost my ability to express myself and my ability to sing... For some reason, I'm not comfortable singing in front of people anymore.

"I was feeling more pressure from my career, the bigger it got. I felt the pressure to be better and better all the time. It just effected me. I was slowly losing my voice and slowly losing my confidence... My marriage was slowly breaking down too."

She admits that when Lange left her, she felt a "real death," adding, "I really lost my sense of trust, compassion, honesty... I was really getting quite obsessive about my own pain and my struggle and I just had to snap out of it.

"On this tour (for TV series)... I wanna talk to people that have been through big disappointments, big emotional crises, deep life struggles and I will learn something from that... I will be inspired by other people."

Twain has started 2011 in style - she wed Frederic Thiebaud in Puerto Rico on Saturday, just weeks after announcing her engagement.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertain...wenn-story.html

This was covered in the preview to her show Why Not? I think Shania should practice singing in front of us. Tracy can host some small concerts at STC

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain