View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Board Administrator

Shania Twain impresses fans at Ford Center

Shania Twain impresses fans at Ford Center

by Sandi Davis
sdavis@oklahoman.com 2003-11-26

Shania Twain brought her Canadian brew of rock, pop and country tunes to a welcome audience at the Ford Center on Tuesday night.

The concert was a perfectly blended mix of the multi- award winning Shania's old and new songs.

Shania took the stage at 7:50 p.m. dressed in black slacks and a University of Oklahoma football jersey. Most of the crowd loved it, and she began her show with a female singalong, "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" from "Come on Over," quickly followed by the title song of her current album, "Up!"

Friendly with the audience, she sang hits like "Honey I'm Home," "C'est La Vie," "Forever and for Always" and "She's Not Just Another Pretty Face."

Her in-the-round oval shaped stage, combined with eight suspended screens, meant everyone had a great view of Shania and her nine- piece band, which combined everything from a punk dressed fiddle player to a percussionist who played a cymbal with a tambourine. The entire band was tight, and the show went off without a hitch.

Especially nice was the couple from the audience who won a chance to meet the artist onstage. For a $1 donation to a local food bank, the couple won the visit, which included coming on stage and getting a picture with the star.

"When You Kiss Me" was well received, as one of her early hits, "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?"

The band introductions served as intermission. After Shania introduced one member she disappeared, and each member did the same after passing the microphone to the next person.

The big-voiced singer reappeared wearing a form-fitting lime green and white shirt with black capri pants and lace-up white boots to sing "From This Moment On" in a swirl of fog.

Following a medley of past and present hits, Shania made a surprise appearance in the middle of the audience to sing the title cut of the album "The Woman In Me."

After a quick trip back to the stage, she started winding up her show with songs like "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "I'm Gonna Get You Good!"

The Oklahoma State University jersey she wore in her encore wasn't nearly as well received as the OU one, but the songs, like "You're Still the One," soothed the audience like nothing else.

http://www.newsok.com/cgi-bin/show_...2&TP=getarticle

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain