View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM

Thanks guys-things turned out real well. Actually people still want to donate and I suggested they "save it UP!" for the next run. The shirts did come out good I think-the pics I sent were to show off the shirt not my ugly mug! LOL I'm planning to do the Marine Corps Marathon in late Oct in DC. I'm not sure if I should do it for the Miles for Meals program or rather I should wait until the Disney Marathon in Jan 07. Don't want to hit the well too often! LOL Any of you thinking of doing a race for the club please look at Disney. This is not only very well run but it's gona be a blast! I'm gona do both the 1/2 marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday (they call it the "Goofy" for obvious reasons!-39.3 miles in 2 days) Point being, I will be doing both at a slower pace given the distance and would love to run with and finish with anyone who would like to do their first race. If you're interested check it out asap as this race closes UP! quickly because it's so popular. I did talk with Jodi Gibson from Second Harvest/Kid's cafe yesterday and she was elated over the money raised in Nashville-said it made an otherwise terrible day wonderful for her-LOL. She seems nice! I'm still very interested in better organizing and expanding the Miles for Meals club and as is obvious it brings forward a very effective fund raising mechanism for such a very good cause-and hell we have a nice shirt already! Think about it! Join the RACE! LOL I'm sure I won't be able to get anyone else to join until Shania does then I'll have to beat you all away with a stick!!! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST