View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Board Administrator

You mean these pictures..........

In an emotional conversation, Shania, who had never before performed with Dolly Parton, told Oprah she was so nervous to sing with her childhood hero. She fulfilled a lifelong dream—right here in the studio!

"Dolly wrote a lot of very true-to-her-heart songs. I started writing when I was eight years old—this is when Dolly was just really going strong. And I learned how to play guitar. I basically wanted to be Dolly Parton. And I wanted to learn how to write songs like her; I felt the music that she wrote. She's such an emotional singer. I know she's a country artist, but I hate to say that—she's just a soul artist."

She's kicked down all the doors in showbiz, and after more than 40 years in the music industry, she's written and published more than 3,000 songs. A new CD pays tribute to Dolly Parton, but the country music queen says she hates to be called a "legend."

"It makes you feel a little old, but it makes you feel a lot proud," Dolly says. "It makes me very emotional to think that I have touched somebody's life…and to know that you could write something or say something or mean something to them. It really is touching."

Melissa Etheridge has been breaking down barriers for years—she's a hard-rockin', openly gay female performer selling millions of records. Melissa recently married actress Tammi Lynn Michaels in a beautiful ceremony at Dick Clark's California home.

Melissa: [The decision to get married] was complicated. It's very intense...

Shania: And here you are flirting with Dolly Parton!

Dolly: We worked together recently, and she asked me if I believed in same-sex marriages. I said, "Hell, yeah! Why shouldn't you folks suffer like us married people?"

LMAO@Shania!!!

Shania Twain fulfills a life-long dream—sharing the stage with her idol, Dolly Parton.

Together, they perform Dolly's song, "Coat of Many Colors." The song, from the Dolly Parton tribute CD, Just Because I'm a Woman, has always had a special place in Shania's heart.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain