View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 01:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to HomerSimpson Send a message via MSN to HomerSimpson
News

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=211560

NEWS - Shania Twain Gets Ready For The 'Big Payoff'
12/10/2002

(12/10/02, 12 p.m. ET) -- Shania Twain will tour in support of her new chart-topping album, Up!. The singer has tentative plans to hit the road sometime next year; however, the superstar would like to give the fans time to digest the new material before bringing her music live, she tells LAUNCH.

"I definitely plan to tour with this CD, and it it'll take a little time to get together because I'd really like to concentrate just on the music for a little while. I want people to get familiar with the music, and come early next year, I will start on the production of the tour. I don't know when the tour will come out, but I'm looking forward to it and definitely wouldn't want to miss out on that because I have a lot of fun with the touring."

For Twain, performance is the ultimate aspect of her career. "It's the big payoff because it's the first chance I really get to be with the fans, the listeners, the people that bought the record. I can see on the faces what the songs mean to them. I'll get their response then. Each night they'll tell me how much they like it, not by the record sales. I know that it's the fans that are buying the records, and I know that that's what's making the numbers, but somehow there's just not a connection until you're there with them in person."

Up! has held firm to the Number One spot on the Billboard 200 chart since its release, besting new albums from the likes of Tim McGraw and Jennifer Lopez. Twain's new single, also titled "Up!," is currently climbing the country singles charts.

-- Margy Holland, Nashville

For more news at LAUNCH, click here.