View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by FV
You are officially my idol Warrior! Tonight I am going to have to wear my Shania hand puppet too..LOL!

LMAO! OMG NY WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!! I got acknowledged by Shania not once, not twice, not even three times but a whopping SIX FREAKEN TIMES!!!!!!!! *faints* LOL

I got to NY at 12:25 a.m. and was at the Today Show line by 12:45 a.m. Might I add that during those 20 minutes I was almost hit by a car and I was on the edge of the stupid sidewalk so I know there was no looking involved! haha My sister and I were #12 & #13 in line. We met some very interesting Shania fans who within 10 minutes were convinced I was the biggest Shania fan EVER. It was great! We didn't get let in until 7:00 a.m. so as soon as we were let in, I went speeding down the stairs...that is, until I was warned to slow down. I went right up to the guard rail and saw Andy so I yelled "AAAANNNDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!" and held up my sign that said "G'day Andy! Can I have a picture?" He said that he couldn't come down to where I was because the stupid VIP gate was up (BTW I would just like to say that whoever created the VIP section should be flat out tortured) so he talked to me instead. He asked me where I was from and I yelled "VIRGINIA!!" and he said "Wow!" but then I saw Shania so all thoughts of Andy flew out of my brain and I screamed "SHANNIIIIAAA!!!!" and held up my other sign that said "Shania fan since age 10 now I'm 19" She looked at it then mouthed "wow" and had an impressed grin on her face. I had an EXCELLENT view while the VIP guys weren't there.

Now here's the best part---during Nah! rehearsal, I held up the Shania puppet when I saw her look towards my way and then pointed to my Timmins hat. I held up my puppet again and she stopped in the middle of singing, pointed at me and yelled, not mouthed, but actually yelled "YOU WERE AT CHICAGO!!!!" then went back to singing. Talk about being hyper!!! LMAO!!!! I was ecstatic! Then when she sang FAFA I help up the puppet again and pointed to the picture. Shania saw me do this so she waved at me and gave me a thumbs up. When everyone got really quiet during the rehearsal, I decided to yell "CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TOUR!!!" Shania LOVED this comment...she looked at me and smiled again.

At the CBS show I was first really mad because all the VIP people blocked my view even though I was in the "front" for the fans, but then I sweet talked to security guy into letting me go into the VIP section so it turned out pretty good. Before that though I talked to J.D. and told him that he was awesome at the drums, especially with his thing at Chicago and he said "Thank you. You are very kind." Andy saw me again and he boasted about having a sign for him and pointed me out to B.B. so he smiled at me and gave me a head tilt. When Shania came out onstage, she saw the puppet again so waved and smiled. Later on I held up the Canada sash my mom got from Canadian Bingo (lol) so she waved at me again.

The photographers were RUDE as anything at the CBS thing and when the photographer made a certain comment about Shania, I wasn't standing for that so I did turn around and yell "DUDE HAVE SOME RESPECT!" After I did that the other photographers clapped and my security guy friend said if that guy said one more thing he was outta there!! I was definitely in "warrior mode." LOL But Shania was VERY aggrivated with the sound crew, especially at the Today Show and I don't blame her one bit. They were not listening to her directions and were not paying attention to her signals. I saw some infamous death stares. LOL She even pulled one guy aside after they forgot to turn her mic on for TDIMM and I guess told him to get with the program. By CBS she was ready to go and it was easy to tell...She even said "One more to go." in a "thank god this is almost over" tone, which I don't blame her for one bit. If I had to put up with all the stuff she did today, I would've lost my temper with people. Just proves that Shania is a VERY good professional and person. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TOUR!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"