View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 10:20 AM

New Scentstories(TM) by Febreze(TM) Announces Musically-Themed Partnership Featuring

Music Superstar Joins Febreze to Promote the Revolutionary Player That Plays
Scents Like You Play Music

CINCINNATI, Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) announced a marketing partnership with superstar Shania Twain to promote Scentstories(TM) by Febreze(TM), a revolutionary new way to play scents. With the touch of a play button, Scentstories enlivens your home with the multiple
scent experience of a real environment (like a garden or the beach). This specially designed disc player with a variety of scent-themed discs lets you select a Scentstories disc just like you'd choose and play your favorite Shania CD.
The renowned international music phenomenon's deal with Procter & Gamble (P&G) includes heavy involvement in the musically-themed marketing campaign, with Shania's Grammy-nominated hit "Forever and For Always" featured in the
Scentstories television ads (breaking on August 30); a new yet-to-be-released duet to be showcased in the Scentstories radio ads; and Shania starring in the upcoming radio and print ads.
"I'm pleased to be a part of the Scentstories campaign. For me, playing a Scentstories disc is like listening to one of my favorite songs -- it lets me express myself by creating a certain ambiance in my home environment," said Shania. "The Scentstories experience is genuine and convenient, and the
scents are rich and authentic; they're in perfect harmony -- and with just the touch of a button, I'm there ... in a lush garden, on a cool mountain trail or by the seaside."
"Partnering with a music superstar like Shania Twain is a perfect fit for Scentstories. Music lovers express themselves through a variety of musical genres, just as Scentstories allows you to express yourself through a variety of scent experiences," said John Sebastian, brand manager for Scentstories.

"We're looking forward to unveiling many exciting musical components of the campaign throughout the year that will complement the unique ability Scentstories provides for consumers to play scents like they play music."
Scentstories adds a new dimension to your personal space. Perfect for everyday use in the living room, bedroom or wherever you want to enjoy a wonderful scent experience, Scentstories is also a great way to set the mood for a party or make your home more festive for the holidays. Switch discs at any time (just like you switch music CDs) to create a different mood or
atmosphere.
Each disc is reusable for 20 plays or 50 hours. The themed discs include: "strolling through the garden(TM)," "wandering barefoot on the shore(TM)," "exploring a mountain trail(TM)," "relaxing in the hammock(TM)," and "shades
of vanilla(TM)." For more information on this revolutionary twist in home fragrance and details on Shania's involvement with Scentstories,
visit
http://www.scentstories.com .

About P&G
Two billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers(R), Tide(R), Ariel(R), Always(R), Whisper(R), Pantene(R), Bounty(R), Pringles(R), Folgers(R), Charmin(R), Downy(R), Lenor(R), Iams(R), Crest(R), Actonel(R), Olay(R) and Clairol Nice 'n Easy(R), Head & Shoulders(R), and Wella. The P&G community consists of about
110,000 employees working in almost 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G
and its brands.

SOURCE Procter & Gamble
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/s...02240595&EDATE=