View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Board Administrator

Man, I feel like she's boring

This is the only CD I'll likely ever review without opening the package and actually sticking it in the CD player.
It sits on my desk, shiny and new, and will likely stay that way.
Twain, the pride of Timmins, Ont., is one of those artists whose sound is forever etched in a listener's mind. So, you see, there's no real need for me to go through the listening process ever again.
I can just close my eyes and there it is, Man I Feel Like a Woman.
At this very moment one of her numerous hits is probably playing on one of Kamloops' radio stations, heck, her music could be playing on all of them simultaneously.
If not, just turn to CMT. You'll find it there for sure.
One of the most overplayed acts of all-time, Twain has finally packaged it all up in a nice handy CD of 18 greatest hits plus the stunningly awful Party For Two, featuring the never-to-be-respected-again Mark McGrath and a couple of other new songs.
There was a time when I loved each one of these tracks for what they were. That time has passed for me, but credit must be given where credit is due.
Her songs, while overdone, are fun to listen to and regardless of whether they're stupid, they're delivered with spunk and verve.
For the true Shania Twain fan, this disc is heaven sent, but it don't impress me much

http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/por...id=331694&more=

Then why review it??? What a jerk!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain