View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Pleasant Surprise!!

I am getting things ready on a cool Saturday morning for our Christmas trip to Florida, and was listening and watching when I could to a recent Sheryl Crow concert. She finished up with Steve McQueen, one of my favorites of hers. It got over about 12:25 p.m. on Polladia and next up was Kid Rock. I am not a big fan of his so I got up to go back to packing, when I heard a familiar beginning to a song, so I turned around and it was Shania's "God Bless The Child" video. So, I sat back down again and watched and listened until it was over and Kid Rock came on. Then it was back to packing.

As I watched the video, which I have always loved how it was done, and how much emotion she put into it making you believe she is so into what she is singing, a touch of sadness came over me. I am sad because we have had no songs with messages from her in such a long time, and right now, it seems like it may still be a long time, so it was very nice and a pleasant surprise to see something Shania, and such a good experience at that.

I think Polladia is doing some Christmas videos in between concerts, so maybe that was it. I know GBTC has been referred to and played in the past as a Christmas song, but in any event, I thank them for playing it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Steve & Terry