View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Ok folks. I was at the Chicago concert tonight and I have got to tell you, Shania had an extra energy pill or something because she was on fire !!!! And the crowd was electric. I don't know how many of you have ever been inside the United Center (Where the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks play) but it is huge. There were not many empty seats that i could notice, even way way up in the nosebleed section.

The crowd was really into this show. When the band started walking down the stairs at the start of the show (before Shania does her appearance after the shadow thing) the crowd was already on it's feet and nobody sat down until the forth song (FAFA) was played, As a matter of fact the crowd seldom sat down for the entire two+ hours. Sat again during WYKM and FTMO but the crowd stood for most of the other numbers including No One Need To Know. I do not know what the attendance capacity is but it will be interesting to see how many people were there tonight. There had to have been double the amount of people that I've seen in the other concerts so far.

Outfits: Started in No.3 Bulls basketball jersey, then to the outfit she wore in Pittsburgh...the hot pink spaghetti strap top with an orange under garment (like in thar great picture that DocBill or Deb took) in Pitt. The encore was done in a no. 26 Steve Sullivan Chicago Blackhawks (Sullivan who originated from the Timmins area) I'll bet most people didn't catch the significance of her wearing Sullivans Jersey. I also thought of her Indian heritage with the big pic of the indian chief on the jersey. It probably meant alot to her to choose the indian (Blackhawks) logo.

Security was extrememly strict with regard to getting access to the stage for autographs and High-5's. The United Center security were really being jerks about it too. There was one big burly guy that would find people who snuck up to the stage to get an autograph, and bodily walk them out of the arena.!!! Whatta jerk. He was only selective on occasion...never pulling women or e and children to kick them out. I couldn't follow why he chose one over the other. During the first half of the show hardly any autographs were given. I could tell Shania didn't mind signing and would have disapproved of walking a person out of the concert simply because they asked for an autograph. I hope somebody can report that to Shania....but thats Chicago for you. And people wonder why events and conventions are gravitating away from Chicago....Geez.

Shania did mention the Oprah show coming up (her and Dolly and Melisa) are on it. Shania did say that she sang "She's Not Just A Pretty Face" during the Oprah show and that we should look for it..

I can understand security priorities but there is a differnce between a clean cut person asking for an autograph and a looney charging the stage. Anyway, Chicago security guys, take a hint and leave us alone.

The guy that was dressed as Elvis in Indianapolis and in other places was there again tonight and Shania recognized him as a faithful follower of hers. Last night in Indy he had all black on...tonight in Chicago he one of those 70's costumes that Elvis wore...all white with sequins.

overall the concert was great. Shania said it was the loudest crowd they've had so far....and you can tell the band feeds off of the public reaction. I'm falling asleep so I need to cut off now. Will try to filll in more later, unless somebody wants to carry on without me and where I left off.