View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 03:45 AM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Ok, a couple of comments from various people in this thread.

1) Chris...trust me, with the front row seats you have there will be no need at all for binoculars.

2) Warrior.... From what I've noticed at Pittsburgh and Grand Rapids, the security keeps you in the level you are ticketed in...Yu seem to be able to roam around in your level but you can't get onto the floor without a floor ticket. The ways to get an autograph will be:
a) Be on a floor seat
b) Be the single ticket she picks on the second harvest drawing
c) Have a great sign that she can see and wants to talk to you about it.
d) find out if there is a Meet n Greet.
e) if you are lucky enough to be sitting in the first tier area where she apprears mid-concert to sing TWIM.
f) The people who volunteered to sell the tickets for Kids Kitchen raffle in Grand Rapids got to have a Meet n Greet with Shania. I don't know if thats true in every city but it's worth a try to find out.
g) Long Shot: When I was standing in the back lot of the Van Andel arena there was an old couple there looking for chance to get a photo album signed by Shania. For security and saftey reasons I won't post it on the boards but I'll send you my e-mail address in a PM, then e-mail me back and I'll tell you how they got Shania to sign their album.

OK Folks...regarding Amy's comments........ It the person who missed the first 30 minutes of the show really the person to rely on for a judgement of how much time Shania spent signing autographs???? As a rebuttle let me tell you this since I was in Grand Rapids and saw the same show.......

1) Jim Otto sings for about 20-25 minutes.....he starts at 7:30. He's done by 7:55. His music sounds really good but he just stands there with his acustical guitar and does his music...he doesn't showboat. And you can hear him well enough in the outter halls, and at the concession stands.

2) At grand rapids, the kids kitchen offered an extra ticket for every $5 multiple you purchased. And since I knew I was in the second level my only chance would have been to win the raffle. Since it was a good cause anyway (and tax deductable) I bought a bunch of tickets and spent the time during the Jim Otto show out in the halls writting down my numbers on a piece of paper so
it would be easier for me to find the ticket number when it was announced by Shania. I had time to write down (ok I'll admit it 100 numbers) and still make it to my seat to see Otto perform 2 numbers.

3) Amy has the time sequence reversed on performance and signing autographs. Shania did not spend 75% of her time signing for people. That is simply bunk. The first two numbers (MIFLAW and UP) were performed up on the center raised circular part of the stage. She was inundated with roses for the next few songs as she circled the stage singing...once she would get a dozen of two, she'd hand the flowers to one of the stage crew and begin the next collection. All standing and singing and smiling at the crowd. Much of the time when she would sign would be during the various instrumental pieces in the middle of songs where she'd only be able to dance or move around anyway but instead she takes that time to sign for people. She'll sign just about everything. When she is signing and see's a person acting really polite she'll still sign but most of the time was during instrumental portions. And once in a while a sad eye would catch her while singing and she'd put her foot close to the stage edge, pounding her thigh with her writting hand suggesting the person hurry an put the item to be signed on her leg because she didn't have much time left in that spot on the stage and she hadto hurry (It obviously was because of stage blocking that required her to be at a certain part of the stage during a given number)

Most of the time Shania was moveing, dancing, singing to the crowd. but more than the typical performer, she gives alot to the fans who were near the stage. Just one warning about the autograph.....Those stage autographs during the show are generally a scribbled version of the letter S.T. because she has to hurry and wants as many people to get an opportunity who have made it to the stage. For those who want other signing tipe if you make it to the stage, see the comments I made about that in the Pittsburgh concert thread.

Good Point of you

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys