View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 11:37 PM

Well, we will see very soon, how this article will go through Europe, and what the press will ask her from now on...
Like, today she's in the UK, and they don't hold back.Not to mention the TV-quotes, etc
I'm hope it will not make her image too much demage.

BTW Time is out here too, i would like to have for the new fans she's making here get a better insight on Shania.

So , what you think, how much demage this article will cause to Shania's image (not between die-hard fans)?

quotes like this:
It is worth paying attention to these pronouncements, even though Twain, who is Canadian and thus constitutionally averse to star trips, never quite means what she says. On a brisk October night, with the bleat of Paris traffic in her ears, the Twain fiat is this: she is going to stop singing in public. "I never burned to perform, and I don't care if I ever perform again," she says. "I have no need to do that."

First in line among the things she has no need to do is Star Academy, a French reality game show in which marginally talented young aspirants live in a house and vote one another out on the basis of their progress in becoming slick professional singers."
-----------------
Now we all know, how this part was manipulated by the writer, since the straight quote:I never burned to perform, and I don't care if I ever perform again," doesn't necesserily means, she's stopping to sing, but how this reflects on a general reader?

As more as I read this .... I'm sure, that it's not because the writer is ignorant, he did know really well what he's doing: it's a personality/image-killer.