View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Board Administrator

R.L.: You are still in contact with Lionel? Has he wished you well for Caesars Palace? Is he coming to see you?

S.T.: I hope he does come. We have to talk about that. He is such a great supporter. He is just super; he really encouraged me. He was a great coach when I really didn’t think I could, when I was not ready to sing anywhere. Forget make a record. I was just like, “Oh, no, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t.”

R.L.: But you are over all of those doubts now, completely, right?

S.T.: Oh yeah, I have recorded with David Foster, and he was also really great. He was like you can do this, and then Lionel Richie, you can do this. Gladys Knight said the same thing. Everyone has just been really supportive. I feel like I have to walk my own walk; you have to go through the process.

Just being out on the stage now is familiar. I already feel very at home on the Colosseum stage. None of that feels foreign at all. I had to bring myself to a point where I was back on the stage again and not just in the studio, so that has been my own journey. Nobody can encourage you; you just have to do it, physically just get out there and do it. So, that is what we are doing.

I think what will be new will be the reunion of seeing the fans again. That will be what I haven’t experienced in a long time. That will probably create a lot of adrenaline.

On Tuesday, Shania reveals secrets of the show: why her sister gets credit for her agreeing to do the residency; which horses will be in it; the glorious gowns she’ll wear; and the moments she knows she’ll cry at every night.

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/Robin_Leach.

Follow Vegas DeLuxe on Twitter at Twitter.com/vegasdeluxe.

Follow VDLX Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/VDLXEditorDon.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain