View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Okay...good thing there is an hour and a half train ride home or this would be a really negative post.

I missed my freakin train, since the cab got me to the station 5 minutes late So, I had to wait an hour to catch the next train. Warrior and I didn't hook up until after the Today Show. She atleast got into the pit where the concert was. I was on the 2nd level, but I did have a good view of Shania. I caught the tail end of rehearsals. Shania did recognize the "puppets" from Chicago. Warrior caught her eye, and Shania mouthed "you were at Chicago" and smiled, before continuing with Nah. Shania had lots of mike problems on the Today show, I have not watched my tape of the broadcast, so I don't know what got on TV. Shania definitely was not pleased, she was giving the techies, the "you are dead" stare All three songs she sang on Today were "album-ish" versions, they were not what we heard live in Chicago. I think the band was not playing, I think it was pre-recorded tracks. The way they had Shania mixed, her voice was too loud for the music, and it made her sound flat in spots. Also, when she started singing TDIMM, her mike was off. I almost thought Darth Shania was going to make an appearance after that, but you know Shania, the total pro that she is, didn't miss a beat.

When Katie and Matt came out to interview her, the sound was all messed up, and where did they get the 9 million in sales for Up! ????

Other than that Shania was her usual animated self.

Some other things............
Warrior would have been out infront if it weren't for the TV station, radio station, cronies with the vip passes Warrior, being warrior did manage to get the "puppet" autographed.

Shania made a comment about the weather giving her a raspy voice this morning, and that it gave her a sexy edge...lol

I did get to meet new fans where I was standing, and they were familiar with this board, and the OFC. It is so amazing how Shania fans just "click" when we meet up, even if they are total strangers. We even swapped email addresses. Out of the fans we met, I think Warrior and I were the only hardcore fans around.

I really think Nah! is going to be the next single, Shania sang it on CBS This Morning. She seems to be testing out the reactions to it.

My final impression of the Today Show, without seeing what made it to TV was that Shania was not happy with it.

So ended our Today Show experience. The CBS thing is a whole story in itself....... [my next post---working on it now]

-Chris
I presumed the 9 million was their guesstimate on worldwide sales. It is about right from what I am hearing.