View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Board Administrator

HOT DISH: Shania and the CMA Awards

Well, it's push-up bra time again in Tennessee. Time for girls to drag out long dresses to see if we can push and shove around body parts and maybe make 'em fit. Until now, with the CMA Awards staring us in the face, we didn't realize how much we've consumed and how little we've exercised.

On the other side of the coin, heaven forbid, our male counterparts have to get fitted for a tux. Can't you girls just hear those big, burly men whining? Acting like babies, they carry on and cuss like they're having wisdom teeth extracted.

It's exciting, though. Adding to the excitement, ABC-TV's Good Morning America is loading up and hauling it down to Music Town on Nov. 5 to broadcast the first of a half-dozen live performances in its Women Rule concert series. Weather permitting, a live Shania Twain concert will originate from Lower Broadway in downtown Nashville. Streets will be roped off by 6 a.m. Shania will sing about four songs, including her chart-rising duet with Billy Currington, "Party for Two."

Talking about A-team entertainers, the CMA has 'em this year. Tim McGraw, who gave a stellar performance on the Radio Music Awards this past week, will open the CMA Awards on Nov. 9 with "How Bad Do You Want It." Special guest Twain will repeat "Party for Two" with Currington in hopes of kicking the single up a notch at radio. They've even conjured up a singalong of "Hey Good Lookin'" by Jimmy Buffett with buds Alan Jackson, George Strait, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney and Clint Black. Like on the new single, Patty Loveless will add vocals to Jackson's chart-climbing "Monday Morning Church," and Brad Paisley will be joined by duet partner Alison Krauss to perform their nominated hit, "Whiskey Lullaby." Horizon Award nominees Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, Big & Rich, Josh Turner and Julie Roberts are also set to perform. Look at the Horizon lineup! These artists are already household names. Everybody even knows Dierks' dog is named Jake.

I wonder if Brooks & Dunn have been taking Vince Gill hosting lessons? If so, I look for them to bolt on stage riding scooters with nude blow-up dolls behind like they have on the road, that is, if the Coors twins are not available. Between talking, B&D will perform, as will Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Reba McEntire, Terri Clark, Rascal Flatts, Montgomery Gentry, Chesney, Keith and the cowboy, King Strait. I know Kix and Ronnie will do a grand hosting job, but I will miss Vince Gill. Vince had that gig down pat.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/14...?headlines=true

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain