View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Another very good concert: the second half of the show was better than the first half, the crowd was warm, they knew the songs and clapped a lot, but still not really standing much with the exception of the second half of the show..
I had a 4th row seat at the end of the stage, right where JD is and where Shania got on and off stage..
Bjorn Again started 10 minutes earlier, and Shania too..the concert tonight was much faster than the previous night: one song after the other, with Shania stopping only once for the raffle winners..the previous night the concert ended at 11.10 PM, last night it ended at 10.50 PM..clearly they were told to speed it UP: 2 minutes after the show was over, 25% of the stage was already gone..they were clearly in hurry: maybe the ferry to Scotland was the issue..
Shania was 95% perfect vocally speaking last night, not as good as the night before: it seems to me this happens every time she has two concerts back to back...she lost her breathe on CLV, mainly because she sang the full song standing, but bent over to sign autographs..LOL!
She was lower than usual during FAFA at some points..and a bit hoarse at the end of IMC, but overall another very good performance!
Last night 4 band members kept pointing at me because they recognized me from the previous concerts (5 Shania concerts in 7 days!! ) Randall and JD passed me by on his way to the stage (I had an aisle seat - brilliant!) and winked ...Later in the concert Hardy pointed at me and yelled: "Hey, Maine!!!"..'cause I told him at Wembley that I live in Maine..he is from Maine.. Then at the end of IOH, JD, who had been waving at me during the show, stood UP to leave the stage before the encore while the other band members where going to the top level of the stage to carry Shania down with them on the elveator..anyways JD stood UP and pointed at me straight and signed me to approach the stage..I rushed..and he handed me his two drumsticks!!!!!!! I saw him the night before at the Odyssey entertainment complex and we said HI to each other...boy, those drumsticks have taken a beat after 90 minutes of playing! LOL!
At the end Brent came to me and shook my hands and said A pretty cool night!
OK, regarding Shania... She started with a light green top, and underneath she had the light blue one..already seen this..BUT the next outfit was new to me..she had the same black pants, but with a sleeveless light pink vest, with a central zipper on the front..I do not recall Shania wearing that before at a concert...
At the end she wore the Belfast Giants jersey again..I got a good pic I think..
Highlights of the show: Shania was fast, and did not talk much..she asked whether we were louder than the previous night..which was true the second half of the show..only people on stage: the raffle winners: Shania made fun of the guy's accent: she said the Canadian accent is a mix of French, Irish and English..while she was walking around talking about the raffle ticket she stepped on Roddy's bow..and said sorry I stepped on your bow..does it have a secondary meaning there?

TBC...