View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Board Administrator

Shania Twain was honored at the Junos tonight being inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Shania Twain received the Junos introduction Sunday evening by Bryan Adams. Adams called Twain a “Canadian treasure.”

Twain made news earlier this month revealing her plans to take TV audiences back to her Canadian roots. Twain will return home to Timmins, Northern Ontario, Canada, with sister Carrie Ann to reclaim her roots in the upcoming series “Why Not?” for the OWN Cable network.

Twain has also been back in the studio to deliver her fans new music. To date, Twain has sold 75 million albums worldwide to date.

Appearing before the Junos attendees tonight, Twain said “I really am turning into such a sap. But this is just a very beautiful moment for me. I am, I’m really so proud of Canada’s talent.” She added “I sit here tonight in the audience, and I watch these amazing artists up here on the stage, world-class talent, songwriters, singers, performers — we should be proud of these people. They’re just blowing me away.”

In “Why Not?” Twain will also be surrounded by top talent including Gladys Knight, Lionel Richie and David Foster as she works on her voice for new tracks. She is also joined by new husband Frèdèric Thièbaud.

“I guess, I have more pride in what the country has created musically than I am even of my own success. Honestly, I’m just more proud to be from Canada, and to be part of everything that’s happening here musically” she told audiences.

On May 3, Shania will tell more about her early years in Timmins in a new book. Atria Books, an imprint of Simon and Schuster, will release Twain’s new autobiography, ‘From This Moment On.’

“This is a beautiful country. … I feel like I should just be wearing the Canadian flag tonight to be honest with you. I would love that.”

http://news.lalate.com/2011/03/27/s...nored-at-junos/

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain