View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Just read this:

After two weeks of rehearsals here in Las Vegas, pop and country superstar Shania Twain is about to set off on her final road tour of 67 dates starting next Friday, June 5, and ending in Toronto in October.

I’ll catch up with her in San Diego in August and cannot wait to hear the final tour’s “Rock This Country” theme.

Although Shania says it’s a last live hurrah after her successful two-year residency at the Colosseum in Caesars Palace, she also says that she has major recording plans at the ready.

Her fifth album, the first since “Up” in 2002, will be recorded this fall now that she’s close to finishing the songwriting. She has originally hoped to record it during the Strip residency.

Shania credits the Las Vegas run in her Colosseum home with helping her get over the stress-induced vocal disorder that silenced her after the ugly divorce from producer Robert “Mutt” Lange, who ran away to marry her (ex-)best friend.

She says that she never used to warm up to go onstage but now needs 90 minutes to prepare her throat. She says that she’ll sing all of her hits on tour but focus on the rock side of their production with guitar-heavy instrumentals.

“It’s going to be visually exciting and very different from what we did in Las Vegas,” she said. “People will have never heard me this way before.”

One new song will be the rock version of “Party for Two” — her hit with Billy Currington, who headlines at Boulevard Pool in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on Friday night — that she‘s never performed live.

Another will be “Rock This Country” that she only performed here partly in an acoustic set. Shania says that she might try one or two of the new, self-penned album songs while out on tour.

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/...arsals-lv-ahea/

Steve