View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM

Shania Serves Up a Real Treat

I love the title of this one by Janet Devilin of the Belfast Telegraph! She is really cool in her description of Shania Twain on stage...I simply loved her review...I think this lady understands Shania Twain...

Belfast Telegraph Home > Lifestyle > Music

Shania serves up a real treat

By Janet Devlin
featureseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

20 February 2004
SINGING superstar Shania Twain brought the house down in Belfast last night - and helped needy Ulster children at the same time.

The Canadian, who sang country cool but looked urban chic, belted out the hits that have made her a 10-times platinum album winner three times in a row.

The crowd, which sported more cowboy hats than a Calgary Stampede, roared approval to favourites like Man I Feel Like A Woman, Don't Be Stupid, That Don't Impress Me Much and You're Still The One.

Dressed in black trousers, orange and pink vest top and matching baseball boots, she continued with recent hits from her new album Up, including Getcha Good, Ka-Ching and Forever And For Always.

Shania also offered every one in the audience a chance to join her on stage - by buying a raffle ticket to support Barnardo's. The result was a bucket of money for the local children's charity.

But the highlight of the night, apart from the spectacular finale of Rock This Country, was when a spotlight suddenly picked Shania out - singing among the audience in the middle of the auditorium.

The rest of an excellent show was marred only slightly by the large number of fans who swarmed round the stage requesting autographs and handshakes while Shania was performing.

But, a true professional - and probably one of the most accessible superstars ever - she was happy to oblige.

It was the opening concert of a double date for Shania, who revealed that her birth name was Eileen and she actually has some Irish blood in her veins, so if you are going tonight you are in for a real treat.

Back | Return to top | Printable Story

Here is the link:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/l...sp?story=493386

Benjamin