View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Board Administrator

I just watched the show and here are some comments:

Shania's impact is felt in everything from female country music, fashion, business, and pop culture. The DVD contains Shania interviews from her appearance for Up! on CMT Canada.

Jodee Messina says that everyone want to capture Shania's sound, but they couldn't quite do it, Shania has her own thing going on.

Country music was never about empowering women, it was defining a woman by the man she was with.

Shania interview from 1996, she said the song started out as "This Man Of Mine", and Mutt helped showed her how to twist it around to a more empowering lyric.

AMOM was shot on Bo Derek's ranch.

Jodee Messina said if you watch Shania's videos from when she started to the present, there is something in each one everybody can relate to.

I guess this is the part of the video that Shania decided to cut, and was alluded to in a CMT special recently, The Greatest Albums...in Impact the scene is mentioned.. the original video for AMOM shows the horse licking bubbles off Shania in the tub, a scene the record label felt was too suggestive for music television.

Okay, AMOM would have been the 3rd Shania video banned from CMT if they kept that part....lol However that is pretty tame stuff compared to what CMT is showing now.

more to follow....

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain