View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 12:36 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Are You Ready Ottawa? I SAID ARE YOU READY OTTAWA?? – YEAH SHANIA, “BRING IT ON!”

PART I:

Back in the Summer of 1999, I decided after deciding that listening to Shania Twain’s music had progressed for me from just listening to FTMO to everything she had to offer. It hit me, I was a SHANIA FAN!! All of a sudden I wanted to see her sing and perform live. She was coming to the Fleet Center in Boston! My daughter and her husband said they would get tickets. They lived near Boston and knew some people who worked at the Fleet Center. My daughter thought that would be a good show and my son-in-law is a big Def Leppard fan and Mutt fan, so why not. Now I was getting excited. The tem came and they didn’t come through for me. I was disappointed to say the least. I made a desperate call to the Fleet Center ticket office that very night, just in case. The good news was there were 5 tickets left. The bad news was, they were all over the building. The guy asked me what I wanted to do. It thought a minute and told him I guess not. After all, what fun would it be if we all had to sit so far apart. I let it go until another time figuring someday Shania would tour again.

That day came when the new OFC announced there would be pre-sales for us members. This is where fate stepped in. I know everyone who comes to this Message Board remembers all the delays and problems we had getting our tickets. When the tickets for Ottawa were to go on sale, the Blackout happened. Finally that night arrived. I believe it was to start at 6:00 p.m. I had been watching the other sales, logging on and going so far with those to make sure I had it down as what to do. I watched and waited. Everything was working great. Terry said supper was ready, so without thinking, I logged off and ate. 10 minutes later I went to log back on to be ready. I couldn’t log on. It kept telling me there was no dial tone. It told me that over and over again. So, a very unhappy me sat and watched the deadline come and go and call my Internet provider in the meantime. They said it was related to the Blackout and they had crashed and would be back on as soon as possible. That really made me feel good. So now, I figure whenever I get back on and if there are any tickets left, I will have to take what I can get. An hour later at 7:00 p.m. I crossed my fingers and tried one more time. It worked! I was logged on! I went to the OFC got all in and started to see what was left. THIS IS WHERE FATE STEPPED IN as I will explain later.

When I got to the point of what tickets were there, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It said Flr-Row 8, Seats 2 & 3. Holy, Moly! I quickly went to the end and said process. It churned and churned for what seemed to be an eternity. Then it came back with a message that said there was an error and it couldn’t finish processing. They had made it very clear not to click on that processing button again. So I thought a few seconds and decided what the heck, so I went back and started over. This time I got all the way to the tickets again figuring those are history and now if I’m lucky I’ll still be in the building someplace. But lo and behold, it says that said Flr-Row 8, is still available, but this time it’s Seats 12 & 13. As I said this turns out to be huge!!! I hit the processing button, and this time it sailed right through and to make it short. That was it. The tickets came and everything was great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shania ottawa.jpg (14.7 KB, 473 views)