View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
did not talked about specific performances, but that some songs at UP! were aimed to a young audience - and the pondering to too many different ages, especially the teneegers who aren't her main fanbase did not good the the album's self-life.

And yes I know, you're started young with Shania, etc, but still her main fanbase is a an older, 30+ audience as I see it. And I personally think she shouldn't try and go after the young audience, which never was her main audience, just because the country industry does it.

I am a youth group leader and most of the teens know I Love Shania! I have had many tell me they love her music too. The majority of them will ask me if I know Up!...it is either their favorite song or Album. These kids are anywhere from 13 to 17 that would put them in the prime age for looking for a good role model. My daughter was 6 when first heard Shania and fell in love with her, she even wanted to change her name to Shania Twain. Up! is one of her fav's. I think Up! hit the teenage fanbase; it still has a good self-life for the teens out there (because I hear it all the time from many of the teens) and Shania is the perfect role model for all teens, for her not to go after this group would be a shame. I Love Up! and I am past 30+ I don't feel that Up! was directed towards the young listening audiences.