View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 10:28 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Wow, thanks for the pictures Fordw. I know just as usual, I am late, but it was a great show no doubt about it. You all have run down the show so there is not a lot more to add. I like how Shania doesn't put on airs when she does shows like this. What I mean is she isn't all plastered with makeup like a lot of the stars are when they do these things. I noticed last night as well as when she did the QVC show. By the way I watched a lot of that yesterday as I was trying to decide if there was enough tape left for last night. When I finish a tape, I always give it an index so I know pretty close to where I have to go to see what I want. So, as I was going through, I logged everything on that tape to date and decided it was fine. Ironically, I then, I didn't even use it. I used a second tape I have for my other VCR that was all set to go with the last taping being the bits and pieces of the CMAs I did. Whenever I can, I tape with no "ads" and did so last night. It is truly incredible that when you have 2 hours and 120 minutes, there was only 1 hour and 27 minutes, or a total of 87 minutes of show. There was 33 minutes of ads, over a half-hour. That would work out to about 4 to 5 more videos Since I am disappointed we didn't get to see some of those she has done other than what was played as some have mentioned, it is too bad. But it is something we have to live with I know.

I loved the show though and to my surprise, my wife watched it with me. Well, let me edit that. She watched until about 11:45 p.m. She had to get up early today to go Christmas shopping with our daughters, so she apologized and hit the hay. Of course yours truly did not! She was zipping around this morning to get ready for shopping and so she hasn't asked me yet what was #2 and #1. I was happy that she watched with me.

The show? I think if you look at the songs from a video emphasis, then it was probably pretty accurate, but, I am surprised that YSTO for example was that low. But, looking it as a video and not as Shania's most successful song of all time, then you can make that adjustment. Still, I was very disappointed at FTMO being #10, but that's just me. FAFA should have been higher to me, so should the WIM, and as much as I like MIFLAW [and yes I too sing it], I am not sure it should be #1.

All in all though I enjoyed the show immensely. You have all touched on about every interesting highlight Lance and Shania commented on, and to me that was the key part of it more than the videos themselves since we all know them very well. I think Pink is a gutsy performer. A duet with Shania would be awesome!

Loved it! Great Show!

Steve