View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Board Administrator

Okay...we hiked our butts up to 59th and 5th Ave.

We got right up front, next to the VIP area, again...what ever cronies from CBS, not even fans got the spots. However, Warrior starting talking with the security guy, and well...we got into that area. Shania was not more than 6 feet from us. She again recognized the "puppets" from chicago, and gave a wave and a smile. That was cool!!! The bad thing, right behind us were the press photographers. We had to put up with really VULGAR language, and comments directed at Shania. That REALLY PISSED ME OFF. There were little kids around us. I'll try to be G-rated, but one comment, that was made by a photographer, when Shania took a bottle of water between songs, and he alluded to something really gross [ala Bill Clinton/Monica Lowensky]. Warrior caught the comment, and well, turned the the photographer and yelled "Have some respect!!!" way to go warrior!!!!!

The host Harry ???? don't remember his last name. Had his facts all wrong. He commented that the concert that was being taped would be on CBS This Morning on August 20th. "a day before your son's birthday" Warrior and I were like ?????? Shania let the comment go, she just rolled her eyes. He also introduced the wrong song, so Shania stopped the show in it's tracks. Corrected him, and they had to re-shoot the opening. Shania had less sound problems on CBS this morning, and was more animated going around the stage. Of course the photographers behind us were still making rude comments, I felt like I was back in freakin High School. If Mutt was around, man, some of those press guys I bet would be sucking concrete, if Shania heard them, they'd definitely be sucking concrete...lol Then to top it off, a fight nearly broke out between the photographers, security had to step in and break it up. Shania had to re-do, her YSTO segment.

Shania wore what looked like a tie dyed t-shirt, and colored jeans. The shirt was very "debbie gibson-ish". If you see Debbie's "We could be together" video, it was the same type of orang-ish shirt.

CBS didn't give Shania a chance to go around and sign autographs like she did on Today show, which is too bad, we were soooo close. I guess I will have to live with the wave and the smile

Shania sang, IGGG, YSTO, FAFA, and Nah!

They were trying to beat the rain. Shania's make-up person, I think her name was Stacey? Warrior probably remembers, made a comment that her make-up needed to be touched up, Shania commented, "...if it rains, it goes to hell any way, we'll all just take a shower together"

The hosts on the show, interviewed Shania, it was the typical stuff. It did get a little childish, when they joked with Shania, when Shania mentioned that she would nurse between recording tracks. Shania stepped in and said that any working mom knows what that is like.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain