View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Well, what happened to Melissa Etheridge? Nobody ever mentioned Allison Krauss and Union Station on today's tapings. I'm very confused. Well, at least we will see it sometime. I hope they don't cut any of it.

Your confused?...I'M BEYOND CONFUSED!!!
Okay, I know I get confused easily...
but anyway:

This is what I have so far:

Quote:
This is the account of the taping by the fanclub member:
Hi everyone I just got home from the Oprah taping with Shania and Dolly It was unbelievable!!!
It taped this morning around 9am. Taping was over around 1045am.
It airs this Thursday10-23, plus on the Oxygen channel at 7 or 730 the same day 10-23 its the Oprah after the show with Shania and Dolly.
They taped that as well this morning. So don't miss the Oprah show and then don't forget to watch the Oxygen network for the Oprah after the show show...It was incredible.
We were sitting in the 3rd row and Shania sang 1 song with Dolly and then Shania sang another song solo. She was excellent as usual!!!
She looked so adorable, and she is amazing.
It was so much fun!!Shania was on for the whole show and then plus the after show as well so about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
When the show starts Shania comes out right away and talks with Oprah. She talks more then Dolly comes out and they sing together which is incredible.
It was so amazing to see Shania that up close, and Dolly is so funny and alot of fun as well. Shania said that it was a dream come true for her to sing with Dolly and that dream was going to come true on the Oprah show for her.
Shania got emotional cause she adores Dolly. They then all sat around and talked with Oprah, lots of laughs
Then Melissa Etheridge came out and performed 9 to 5 with Dolly and then Oprah and Shania got up and they all sang, it was so incredible. Then Shania sang a song solo and rocked the whole studio.
It was just incredible. The show gave us a copy of Shania's UP album and Dolly's new Tribute album. I don't care about the discs, the fact that Shania was there was a dream...Dolly there too was a bonus.
Shania said she wishes she could meet each and every fan at every one of her concerts. She is so down to earth and humble. She is the best. It was just great.

Quote:
From musicstation.com:
Featured Artists
Melissa Etheridge, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain
about : 10/23/2003 - Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Melissa Ethridge
Dolly Parton, Shania Twain and Melissa Ethridge rock the stage as never before on today's "Oprah.

Quote:
From Countrystars:
SHANIA TWAIN IN CHICAGO
Shania Twain returned to Chicago yesterday to prepare for her part in the taping of a special edition of "Oprah." The show that will also feature Dolly Parton and Alison Krauss & Union Station, is set to air on November 5th.

Does anyone know what's REALLY going on?

I can understand the air-date change to the same day as CMA Awards. I don't know if this is good or bad Jud, but at least it could make sense. I take it that the "After The Show" segment on Oxygen Channel will also be on November 5th. That would only naturally follow, right?

What I totally don't understand is the Melissa Etheridge or Alison Krauss & Union Station thing. The fanclub member, who says they were there, has Melissa Etheridge singing "9 to 5" with Dolly. Melissa sang "I Will Always Love You" on the Tribute Album, AK&US did "9 to 5". Maybe the fan couldn't tell the difference between Melissa and Alison?
NAH, I don't think so!

Well, I guess I'll just kick back, watch for more posts, and see what will be revealed.

I'm still so confused. Please post soon and help me understand.