View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm writing you from L.A. today as I wait in anticipation for an exciting time at the American Idol performances tonight of the six remaining contestants. It was fantastic to meet up again with Crystal and Lee, two of the artists that I rooted for at the auditions in Chicago. I'm pleased they're still in and wish them luck tonight. I've now met all of the performers and have to say this next round is going to be tough to judge. They are all so amazing. It was emotional for me to listen to every one of their gorgeous voices singing my words. I was moved and very impressed by their emotion and original interpretations of my music. Every one of them thoroughly entertained me and reminded me of how lucky I am to be a songwriter. All six of the performers applied their own sound, each being very different from one another. I found they all created original versions of each of my songs and did a great job with the delivery of both lyrics and vocals. America, I'm glad it's you having to make the decision of who stays and who goes and not me. I personally think they are all worthy of appreciation for their talent and hate to see any of them go at this point, to be honest. They all have sweet personalities, a genuine desire to make it, a passion for music and an admirable level of humility about them. I don't want to give away too much of my comment until the night is over, but I do have thoughts on the ones I believe rise above at this point, although you never know what will happen tonight. It's all down to the final moment and each and every one of them has to be at their best in order to shine brighter than the next guy or gal . A few of the performances during the mentoring made me tear up, as they sang with such beauty and emotion. I wish them all a great performance and hope they are as moving during tonight's performance as they were during the mentoring with me the other day. Good luck to all of them and see you tonight, America!

Love you,

Shania

www.shaniatwain.com