View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Board Administrator

She says, "Having a child and becoming a mom is probably the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. It's really changed me and the way I look at the world. Eja comes everywhere with me, even when we're on the road, because I want to be with him all the time.

"But, unfortunately, I can't write music when he's around because I can't focus at all. He demands my complete attention. I find it impossible to divide my attention between him and my work. I can't be playing with him and writing, or changing his diaper and writing. -Shania

SHANIA TWAIN: SOME LIFE PHILOSOPHY

Shania Twain remains one of the most supremely grounded entertainers around and her personal take on life shows why. Regarding her marriage, distance never hurt it. "Time doesn't mean anything, and you pick up where you left off. And it's that much more exciting. And we're always making plans...so that continues - which in a lot of people's relationships, ends after just the first year." Shania on life in the spotlight, "I think you must be prepared to take the good with the bad, and I think it's best just to stay on an even keel. Realize that your career is a separate entity from your personal life," she says. And with all her power and wealth, she takes nothing for granted. "I'm always a little guarded and prepared for the worst. That is my tendency, and it comes from my childhood to be prepared for things to go wrong at any time. As wonderful as things are, play my own devil's advocate," she says.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain