View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Board Administrator

Getting my voice back and getting my confidence back is a day-to-day struggle, and it’s really all about finding my expression again. It has been and is very cathartic, and that’s the perfect word for it. It’s rediscovering soft expression that I slowly lost for many years and until it was more than I could bear. I was petrified of writing a new song -- it was a whole new world for me. It had been many, many years since I wrote by myself. That was new and scary.
But the song ["Today Is Your Day," released yesterday] really, every day, cheered me up so much, I thought I should share it. It really set me off ready to get back into the studio. It revived my creativity. I’ve written a whole bunch of other things, and I’ll record those over the summer. Some of the new material might not even be released in time for Vegas because I am not going to put pressure on myself ever again. When it is ready, it will be ready.
In Part 2 of our exclusive interview with Shania tomorrow, we’ll explore her timetable for the new show and how she will develop it this summer. Since she’s going to ask her fellow Canadian superstar songbird Celine Dion for advice about the Las Vegas experience, we’ll also find out just what’s in the water north of the border that produces so many stars!

--
The interview continues tomorrow

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain