View Single Post
Old 03-13-2003, 05:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to HomerSimpson Send a message via MSN to HomerSimpson
Something We Can Do For Shania

This is a post of Shania Twain Officail FanClub Message Bords and I think it would be interesting to put it here

author: bweisbeck

I was checking this out and I think it would be awesome to have Shania immortalized in one of the most famous museums anywhere. I know a lot of Shania’s fans may never get the chance to see her in person or even get to one of her concerts but I think it would be great to see her almost live and in person. There are 5 of them and it would be great to see Shania in all of them.

They are in Las Vegas, New York, London, Amsterdam and Hong Kong. Since they are very expensive to create ($70,000) they don’t do just anyone. They have a “portrait” wishlist and if Shania gets enough votes, I’m figuring she should be a definite candidate. I think she’s the most popular and talented artist in music history so I think she would be a big draw for the museum. I asked if I could commission the figure but that’s where I found out about the $70,000. It put a dent in my plan. But if votes can get her in, we can do that. Here’s the email I got back.
“Dear Bart,
Thanks for your email and interest in Madame Tussaud's. We really appreciate your input and will put Shania's name on our portrait wishlist.
Thanks and best regards,
Brenda Serrée

Madame Tussaud's Amsterdam.
The new exhibition. Be surprised.”

You can take their poll and write a suggestion to add Shania’s name at the link below or any of the sites:

http://www.madame-tussauds.com/site...am/index_en.htm