View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 05:06 AM
cross-stitching nut

Anaheim, Calif. Concert

We just got back from the Anaheim concert. It is now 1:28 am so I will try to post this while still remembering how to type.

The concert was FANTASTIC!!!! The crowd was very into it and Shania was into the crowd! She at one point mentioned getting OVER the sniffles and that when she bends over to sign autographs her nose runs and she was sorry if she sniffed it. Her voice sounded great!! And a sign to me that her voice is much better was that she sang FAFA the origninal way. What I mean by this is that in the original way she sings the word "day" in different octives (I hope that I'm using the correct terminology) going to higher notes. In the special "Up Close and Personal" she sang the word "day" as one long lower note. She also did this in the two Vancouver concerts that I went to. I assume that she did this because she was just not able to hit the higher notes. Well, tonight she hit the higher notes like she used to.

She was quite funny tonight! She brought Up! two young ladies on stage with her that were quite a bit taller than her - not too difficult to do. She mentioned how short she was and then said that it was a good thing that she was not a guy because she was right at b**b level to this girls. And it was sooo true her eye level was right at their chests!!!! She also brought Up! a little girl to sing with her.

She was also funny when she messed UP! the words for "Don't Be Stupid". The person she brought UP! on stage with her and I can't remember if it was the little girl or the two 'tall' girls messed Up! the words to DBS really badly. The girls (I think it was the two girls) messed Up! the start of the song so badly Shania said "Maybe we should just get to the chorus!". So when Shania started to sing it by herself she messed the beginning UP! too. She made the band stop playing while she 'talked' herself thru the words and then said "okay, I got them now, we can start again" and then laughed and said that she often 're-writes' her own lyrics. She said that with singing these songs almost every night you would think that she would not have to 're-write' the words so often and then laughed again.

Well, it is now almost 2:00 am and my brain if fried! This was a wonderful concert - she sounded great - and if it gets any bad reviews --- well, all I can say is that then the reviewer must have had his/her head UP! their butts!

She started the concert in an Anaheim Ducks (hockey) jersery then went to the pink and green speghetti stap baby doll top and then to an Angles (baseball) jersery.

Time for bed - good night or is it good morning??! VEGAS next Yeah!!!!!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain