View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 12:28 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
WOW! AWESOME is what I have to say about Shania’s concert I went to friday night!

Shania was fantastic!

We got there in plenty of time, hit the souvenir table 1st. Took that stuff out to the car, then returned to wait in line till we could get in. After getting through the gates we met up with a group of fellow Shania fans from the official fan club. Nice group of people. After, we all went our seperate ways and we got to our seats. Was checking things out as we sat looking and yaking, as I was looking back I noticed the area what looked like the sound control, anyway, I couldn’t believe who I saw, it was Mutt! He was busy messing with one of the boards and so forth. He was looking good, blond curly hair and he had on a light red shirt.

I really can’t say much about the opening act, he was ok, just not my cup of tea. All I can say was, that I kept thinking “Gee, I sure hope this guy gets over soon, I want to see & hear Shania”. Seemed like forever before he was done performing.

I knew, of course from everyones post that Shania wasn’t going to be on stage when she opened the show, and I figured she was going to come out back around the area where the sound boards were because there was a curtain off the side there but still, I glanced just for a second or two when I saw the curtain on stage with the silloetts, that was when Shania came out, so of course I missed her, didn’t see her in the isle until she was almost up to the stage.

We had to wait till almost 8:30 before Shania performed. Oh the anticipation! Show time! We hear “Are you ready Detroit?” Screaming, oh so loud! “I said, are you ready Detroit?” Screaming even louder! And so it began! It was fantastic! Everyone was on their feet the place was rocking! Shania came out with a Redwings jersey and jeans on. She asked the crowd what they thought of her top and the crowd let her know with their cheering! She said that they always love performing there in Detroit. The welcome is always great. The second outfit she wore was the one I loved. She had on that pair of satin black cargo pants with a bright yellow tank top with a black bra, and lets not forget about the high top boxer shoes with bright yellow strings. Last outfit Shania had on was the Pistons jersey.

Loved the concert! Shania was great! Of course I was so thrilled when I got to hear her sing my favorite song FTMO. Beautiful! And seeing Shania singing TWIM up there in the stands was definately a real high point, that was just awesome!

I can’t believe that the crowd on the floor had the nerve to sit down as much as they did during the concert. Of course I don’t suppose those in back of me were too thrilled that I stayed on my feet. Shania was walking around the stage reading a few of the signs, found one about someone hoping that she could make her birthday even better (or something to that sort) by getting to get up on stage to get their picture taken with her. Shania said, sure, I guess we can do that. So they made their way on up as Shania read more of the posters. I do believe that there were 2 girls that came on up that were having a birthday. They both got their pictures taken with Shania.

When Shania was singing I think it was “She Not Just A Pretty Face” she went down on the floor and she let two girls sing some of the lines. They did half way decent!

We had picked up a presentation bouquet ( 3 peach roses) before we headed up to the concert, wasn’t sure if we’d be able to get it to her but was going to try. Well, Jessica made her way up there to do just that, and succeded! She got Shania’s autograph too! Way to go, was happy for her. In fact, I was so into the concert that I didn’t even notice when she made her way up there.

So enjoyed hearing the medly, When was the 1st song that she sang of that, Come on Over, You Win My Love and I think another to which I for the life of me can’t remember what it was.

I could see Shania pretty much most the time except those times when she went on the other side of the lower part of the stage, but then of course one could watch her on the large screens.

JD’s drum show was great! What a great way to entertain the audience while Shania snuck up into the stands to sing TWIM. So glad Shania sang the pop version of TDIMM! That was just awesome! Was real glad that Shania sang TYB too, love it! Was dancing to that one for sure! Heck, got to tell you, I was singing and dancing to most of the upbeat ones!

When Shania came back out for the encore, I was surpised that the crowd stayed on their feet as she sang YSTO. Awesome! I was so proud that we all did that! When Rock This Country started I knew that was it. And man was the place really rocking! That was quite a lot of streamers and confetti! Purple & white, with a little silver too, not to mention all the pyrotechnics that was going on! Shania Thank you for giving me the best 2 hours plus of entertainment! I didn’t want it to end! Can’t wait till I can go to my next concert! Shania, you are the best! Love ya!

I wasn’t the closest so my pictures didn’t turn out the best, my digital camera didn’t want to work too great with those bright lights I guess. Hope that someone that was close will share! The security was tight about the camera’s, I heard that people were getting their camera’s taken from them. Bummer.

Mary R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fafa.jpg (19.1 KB, 732 views)