View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Board Administrator

From the CMT board.......I thought these were interesting........

Name : tarrant50

Date : 10/23/03 07:50 PM
thanks for sharing. She is just amazing. Just posted that our local stations announced Shania's interview with Opera and Dolly is considered so powerful that Ms. Winfrey herself has asked for it to play during sweeps week.
I just try to imagine growing up treated as native in Canada; losing her moma and dad and helping raising her younger family. I so love Coat of Many Colours and the new generation of Women can be and do anything.

and...........

, too am really looking forward to the show! I personally am a HUGE Dolly fan and it really thrills me that someone as popular as Shania was so inspired by my favorite artist. I have it on tape when Shania won Entertainer of the Year and says that she just had to meet Dolly, because she was the biggest influence in her life! When Shania recorded "Coat of Many Colors", she wanted Dolly to sing harmony, and when she heard the final version, she cried like a baby. It's warms my heart that two very talented ladies from different generations can relate so well! Goes to show you that it doesn't matter whether you think someone is country or not, the emotions are still the same. Everybody has been hurt in their lives. A good song is a good song period. A great song can stir emotions in anyone!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain