View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM

I didn't expect to see the Idol show, especially for the 2nd night in a row. But I got tired of wildlife ecologists dissecting moose remains on Isle Royale, and there wasn't much else on.

Two shockers and a difficult good bye.

I've immensely enjoyed a star in a few movies about Zorro and similar 'enchilada' westerns. But I didn't know who he was. Tonight on American Idol, I found out that he's also the fantastic voice and animated character of the fox, in the movie and TV presentation of Shrek. Antonio Banderas! What a pleasant surprise.

Shock # 2, was Casey James in the bottom three. I guess that was based on voting of call-in fans.

I think all of the remaining 6 were good enough, that it was difficult to send any one of them home. Too bad they can't take the best parts of each person, and meld them into one.

Rascal Flats didn't do much for me. I guess they've had some great harmonies in past hits. The 2nd group Sons of Sylvia, who opens for Carrie Underwood, had an interesting song. Lady Antebellum, I don't know from Adam. But I've heard the name once in a while. Wow! Their performance not only gave me goose bumps, but also briefly, pins and needles! Shakira, I also don't know. I think she's pretty, shows moments of a great voice, and knows a harmonica, and cultural perspective. However I've usually not identified with the Gypsy as victim theme, except possibly for Cher's impressive rendition of "Half Breed", and it's implied cultural overlay. My maternal relatives in Europe in the late 1800's and early 1900's, were the hard working peasant farmers; and the Gypsy encampment nearby were the slick and slippery thieves and con artists.

The Ryan Seacrest vs Simon Cowell cacaphony continued, when Ryan told Siobhan to go give Simon a hug, before she left the final time. Simon doesn't like to be manipulated like that. But after Simon had told one contestant the previous night, to go give Shania a kiss; I guess Ryan couldn't resist the opportunity of a two-fer - turning Simon's own words against him, and using that to manipulate Simon's behavior.