View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 06:23 AM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by talkalot24
What a jerk! I have sent an email.

His address is: eyder.peralta@jacksonville.com

Dear Critic,

I have no doubt the law of physics will apply to your recent inflamatory remarks in print to Shania Fan's (thinly disguised as a concert revue). For every reaction there is an equal and opposite one, but I guess you have found that out by now.

HOW DARE you suggest, as a Radio Station Manager of 55 years of Age - that MY Fan loyalties are in poor taste, because according to your revue and preamble, Shania is 'past it' or going through the motions somehow putting no Heart and Soul into her Job!

I flew across the Atlantic to witness myself her Grand Rapids Concert, and though her voice was poor, due to a throat infection I witnessed a giant party where the boundary between Superstar and Fan was so blurred as not to matter. We sang and swayed, laughed and cried as hit after hit rolled over our senses. Pyrotechnics and streamers showering above and over us, glorious lighting, sound and vision attacking you from every direction.

I saw Fans dancing anywhere they could, being told off by Security and forced back to there seats. I saw a member of Shania Twain's Band "Radall Waller" take time, before the concert to speak to a wheelchair bound painter called "Natasha" just a row behind us, only to return to her at the end of the amazing concert with her Shania Photo signed in white ink, To Natasha Forever and always, Love Shania Twain!

No heart and Soul Eh? Poppycock! Shania did not do that so I could throw it in your face, Shania is a warm human being who remembers her childhood and Schooldays. Even in Superstar mode she has more compassion and love than a dozen other people I could list. As a private person I can almost see why Mutt Lange fell in Love with Eilleen and had to Marry her within 6 months or so.

Shania the Superstar can't quite manage to switch that side of her off, the loving Wife and mother, the small girl from Timmins, even when on stage - she cares for people and loves hanging out with her fans the only way left for a Mega Superstar - in concert.

My friend called out to me and suddenly there I was, in my Kilt on Stage with Shania Twain getting my Polaroid take next to her. I told her just how much the UP! Tour has pleased her fans, hundreds of thousands of us in dozens of countries and I saw her tear up, she looked me right in the eye from 14 inches away, more beautiful than any picture or Video I have seen and touched my very soul. You did not see that the other night did you?

Richard my friend was with me, winning the Raffle and he said to Shania "I am going to give you a gift you can take home with you tonight" Shania asked what it was and Richard Said "EILLEEN YOUR MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE" I saw Shania's reaction, she was moved beyond expression and could not speak - she just hugged Richard to bits for what seemed an age, whispered something off Mic in his ear and wiped the tears from her eyes as she walked us off the stage, more worried about our well being than herself.

Seconds later she was belting out the next song, business as usual. YOU JUST DO NOT GET IT DO YOU?

Shania has CLASS, Grace and Style way beyond her years.

Despite being a Mother and Housewife she has Grit and Guts enough to blow you out of the water for sure.

She does not NEED Nashville or you because she has a cross section of demographics and ages in her fan club the likes of you can not even begin to understand who remain loyal.

And not just in America, but all over the World! Not since Abba in the late 70's have I seen anything like the Fans that Shania Twain gathers around her. There goodness and love follow her around and your opinion scarcely matters to be truthfull. Shania's fan's goodwill just radiates out and takes over whole Venue's Towns and Citys. I guess you missed that bit too.,

So hate her as you obviously do, but NEVER - EVER again try and put down Shania's fans by attempting to hurt the lady herself with your poisoned Pen.

That will cost you dearly in lost readers and advertisers... many of whom are now laughing at your recent revue and feeling very sorry that you can not share our Joy with Shania Twain and her amazing Band Live in concert.

Tom Waller
Station Controller Rigmar Radio
Ex North East Community Radio
Aberdeenshire
Scotland.