View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Who's On First?

..extra nice write-up on their website ! ! !

http://www.bradleycenter.com/news/shania03.asp

Shania Twain

SHE may not be an outlaw in the tradition of Waylon and Willie, but in the eyes of Nashville, Shania Twain is a renegade nonetheless. The Canadian-born singer can lay claim to the title of most successful crossover artist in country music history. Diehard traditionalists notwithstanding, Twain's recording career has seen her garner enough country music awards to fill the stage of the Grand Ole Opry.

Fast Facts

WHAT: Shania Twain
WHEN: October 29, 2003

TIME: 7:30 p.m.

TICKETS ON SALE: Saturday, September 6, at 10:00 a.m.

TICKETS:$82.00, $67.00 and $47.00 plus applicable fees.

This event will be in an
center-stage concert layout.
The Shania Twain story has opened on a new and exciting chapter, and the only way is UP! That's the title of the much anticipated follow-up to Come On Over, the most successful female solo artist album of all time.

Follow that? You bet. The great news for Shania fans across the globe is that she's completed one of the most exciting and ambitious recording projects of the new millennium. Not to mention that she's totally energised by a fresh creative momentum that has led to her completing a spectacular new record, co-written with her husband and producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange.

Refreshed and ready to rock after a sabbatical, there's a buzz coming from Shania like an electrical charge. "We wanted to put something together that was bigger and better," she glows, "and the whole thing IS so much bigger and better than anything I've done in the past."

"In my experience it's more typical to run into guys with such confidence when it comes to women, once again I thought it would be fun to write with that same confidence, but from a woman's point of view. I wanted the first single to reflect that playful attitude, because I want people to relate to the Shania they already know, at the same time as hearing a new, fresh sound."

During her new tour, Shania's eager to make the same personal connection with her fans that produced such sensationally successful results on the Come On Over world tour. "I have a lot of fun with the touring, it's the biggest reward," she says. "I can see on their faces what the songs mean to them. I'm affected by music, when I sit and listen I'm high by it, so when I see I'm affecting them the same way, I really feel I've done what I came to do."

Even with her place in the world's musical elite guaranteed and undisputed, the only way is UP! for Shania Twain, because of the creative goals she has already achieved with the album even before it starts flying out of the stores. "Mutt and I as a team put more into this record than ever before," she confesses. "We really have gone totally all out, we've laboured over it and I'm completely thrilled with the results."

"I put this music on and I'm overwhelmed with emotion. It's been such a labour of love, and as I'm listening back sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry."