View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 12:02 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Thanks Mary for the pics. Thanks everyone for the narratives, especially Chris. Maybe Spock missed his calling. Maybe he should have been a network reporter or something, probably entertainment news would have been his speciality! It was great to hear everyone's comments. For myself, true there wasn't a whole lot of earth-shattering new stuff, but it was interesting all the same. I would love to see what little Eja looks like now since my own granddaughter is the same age, but I understand why. He's the child of a very high profile couple. I enjoyed Carrie's little story about how Eilleen would just be walking down the street with her and start singing loud, that must have been a riot to see and hear. I was pleased that Wynonna and especially, Loretta Lynn had input. Loretta being involved with the show kind of validates Shania somewhat for those who think she shouldn't be there. I also enjoyed Marc Bowver's costume show and the brief camera tour of the Centre. It was nice to see the inside again, even if it wasn't in person.

Finally, I wrote to Lifetime to express my thanks for the show. This is what I wrote:

I am writing in response to Monday, June 16th's Intimate Portrait episode on Shania Twain. First of all, I want to thank you for it. It is long overdue. I am a long-time fan, so there was a lot I already knew or had seen before, but there were also things I hadn't seen so that was nice for her fans too. One significant thing that happened from this broadcast is that many people who watch your network may not be that familiar with Shania and so this gives them the opportunity to find out more and to see for themselves what a truly gifted artist this lady is.

Steve