Thread: L.A. Concert
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 08:58 PM
cross-stitching nut

Okay, Sheri was soooo right!! Shania did enter from backstage and run up to the stage just like always! She was very enthusiastic and was running all over the place. She sounded GREAT! - as GREAT as you can sound in a basketball/hockey arena. None of us that were there and we were in the second row, center stage, thought that Shania looked or sounded tired or sick! She was fantastic. The only thing that she did not do was TWIM. The arena was set up for it but she choose not to sing it.

JD noticed my husband and I sitting in the audience and made sure to say "hi" to us. Also a fan saw me in the lobby and asked if I went to the Anaheim concert last Dec. and if I was the one who did the cross-stitch of Shania. I said yes, of course, and accepeted all of her compliments on the cross-stitch. I had taken the signed silver dress cross-stitch to the Anaheim to show a dj friend of mine who was there working for KZLA and this fan saw the stitch at that time. What a thrill for me that she remember me and my work!!!

Linda, bless her heart, went to the box office right before the concert and bought 6 - second row floor tickets for all of us so we could be together. We had 4 - ninth row floor tickets and 2 - 12th row floor tickets before she bought 6 tickets all together. So Linda and I (just like we did with extra floor tickets in Anaheim) went up to the very top row in Staples Center - which is a LONG way UP - and gave away our original floor tickets away. The people who we gave them to were sooooo happy and grateful. Wow, what a feeling to do something like that.

This was one of the best UP Tour Concerts that I have seen thus far. Yes, she didn't do all of the songs that she originally started out doing but she was still absolutely AWESOME!!!!! The crowd was into the concert and SHANIA ROCKED!!!! VERY HIGH ENERGY!!!

I would love to say just how much I'm looking forward to seeing Shania again in Florida for her last show but it is just that ... her last show which makes me a sad. But I know that in true Shania style she will rock that arena just as she did Staples Center in LA.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain